Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Utahreefs.com WOT (Web Of Trust) rating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Utahreefs.com WOT (Web Of Trust) rating
    Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:30pm

So when I hopped on the site today I was greeted with this via WOT:  

More info here: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/utahreefs.com?src=addon-warn-viewsc

You can rate here: www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/utahreefs.com/rate?src=addon-warn-rate#top

(You may need to sign up / sign in to rate)

It would appear the site got erroneously negatively rated, in fact it only had a single WOT rating at the time of posting this. 

I suggest any WOT users on the board to go add some positive ratings to counter this so others aren't accidentally turned off of the site, I'll be going to adding a positive rating myself at the conclusion of posting this.

Edited by aquablue - July 27 2012 at 9:58pm
29G Rimless BioCube | DIY LED
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:32pm
That's awesome.... in a ridiculous way.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:39pm
Something I never ever would've expected to see here lol, I'm at a loss of how to describe one's motivations for giving that rating without exceeding PG standards...
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:45pm
Just added one! Smile
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 4:46pm

I did my part to counter the negative rating, anyone else feel free to help. You can vote from the link I posted and you don't need to have a WOT account to do so either. I don't know why it was letting me rate without being logged in earlier, but the rate option comes right up when you sign up / log in.  

Direct link to rate added to first post.

Edited by aquablue - July 27 2012 at 9:03pm
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 5:00pm
I clicked on the link, but can't figure out how to vote.  I scrolled down that page you linked to and found this: 
07/27/2012 Yandex Blacklisted by Yandex Safe Browsing for malware
???  I'd be glad to vote if I could figure out how to do so!
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 5:00pm
Im there but what do i click?
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 6:22pm
 Edit - Moved clickable link to first post.

Edited by aquablue - July 27 2012 at 9:03pm
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
jason10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jason10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 6:30pm
I did my part :)
30 gallon nano
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 8:11pm
I went there again, but it doesnt realy let me click anything. When you get there what did you go to or click on?
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
jason10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 8:34pm
I had to sign up to do anything, then I could click on the different bars and rate the site.
30 gallon nano
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 9:07pm

For some reason earlier it let me rate without being logged into my account, I didn't notice it wasn't doing the same for everyone till I checked in on the topic from my phone while out. Once you sign up or log in the rate link shows up though.

WOT is great and usually very reputable, this is honestly the first time in the years I've been using it that I've seen something like this happen to a reputable site.

12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 9:36pm
Interesting that the one review appears to have been by a user "reef-on" and they left a comment! Now I don't believe for one minute that Reefon left that message as they are a super supporter of the club.

Seems someone had a bad experience and then used someone else's name for the review. For shame.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 9:55pm

I see the comment you're talking about jwoo: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/utahreefs.com/comment-48565133

Someone got their jimmies rustled and had to stoop to extreme lows it would appear.

12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 9:58pm
I'd urge people to leave a comment as well as review!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2012 at 9:59pm
^Second
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic