Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with removing 2 flower anemones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with removing 2 flower anemones
    Posted: March 13 2012 at 6:34pm
I am getting frustrated with one of my flower anemones. It parked its foot right under a ledge in the middle of my acros after it went wondering around the back of the tank. Since it has been there it is growing and burning corals and such. It tried holding ice cubes in my fingers and pressing them against it, no movement at all. Also I took a power head and pointed it at it for several hours and still not movement. Also the rock that it is parked on is in the middle of my rock work, and would be a pain to remove.

Help! I need some advice as I am comtemplating a fatal dose of kalk to remove it.

The other one has been a more reasonable tank mate, but it is growing and getting to big for where it is located. This one I could remove the rock it is on to help in removing it. However, I would prefer not to do that.

Help!

One of my thoughts is to make an ice cube popsicle of sorts to get a large chunk of ice to increase the time it is cooled down.

Help!
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 6:35pm
Oh, and if anyone is interested once they are removed I would be willing to sell or trade them.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 6:40pm
I once tried to get one off a flat rock the dang things don't move! By the time I got it off I had damaged it too much and killed it.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2012 at 7:19pm
interested got pics? Best thing I found to use on bubble tip was a butter knife always worked with no harm to them but not sure with flowers. Good luck.
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 10:33am
I have some pics in other threads, but to give you an idea here is one of the latest ones. Since that pic it has grown about an inch. Also it is in such a tight place that a butter knife is not a possibility.

Edited by WhiteReef - March 14 2012 at 10:34am
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2012 at 9:16am
Suggestions?
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2012 at 7:38pm
Well I may have killed it, but time will tell. I tried a knife to scrap it off of the rock. When I touched it it retracted quickly under the ledge. Then when I did my best at scraping it off there was brown jelly stuff being expelled. Then some of my fish started to pick at it when it was all done. Here are a few pics. As you can see it destroyed my blue tort, most of my strawberry shortcake, and a good portion of my red milli.

----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic