Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID's Please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matthew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID's Please?
    Posted: June 25 2010 at 3:05pm
First pic, pink edges, purple centers (are they devils armor???) those are AOG's right next to them.

Next pic light blue center/dark blue/red or burgandy skirts

Thanks Much,
Matthew

SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 12:51am
Im not sure but there awsome. Wish i could own these awosme zoas
BDerron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 11:23pm
The second pic looks like tubs blue zoas
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 12:43am
magna's revenge paly
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 8:59am
You guys may not realize how interesting this is to see the concern over names. This business of giving more specific names to coral, begun by Steve Tyree to make a living, has gotten out of hand, if you ask me. It has driven prices up to where keeping a reef is again seen as expensive. I used to make a partial living by selling ordinary sized coral frags for $5 and $10. Clown One person even told me that the reason he could afford this hobby was because of my money saving tips and affordable coral. Please forgive my nostalgia.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Matthew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 12:24pm
I know what you mean, and I have to say that I think my prices are pretty reasonable. I sell frogspawn and hammer coral for $5 a head, with similar prices for most of my other frags.

I do want to know the names for trading/selling purposes.

It is a lot easier to say "AOGs for sale" than to say, "the pink one that is a nicer looking pink than the other pink one".

I generally buy for looks, and it is safe to say that some corals look a lot nicer than others.  Pictures are not so trustworthy these days.

I got my first hard corals from you Mark due to affordability.

This is an open brain that I paid $5 for, it was dime sized when I bought it from Mark 3+ years ago.

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 6:56pm
If you don't like the price and the name don't buy it! All corals grow no matter what the name or the price is.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2010 at 1:57pm
Lets keep it nice on the boards please
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2010 at 2:22pm
I totally agree with you Mark.
Supply and demand will control prices, but knowledge allows for anyone to have a beautiful reef that is also affordable.

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2010 at 3:11pm
What I posted was NICE!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic