Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

94 Gallon Cube (pics of construction)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2004 at 11:09pm
awesome job! cant wait to see it with rock and all stocked!
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 10:02am
Question. With the plumbing described above, how does the water get to the back outlet with the front outlet being open. Are you slowing the front down, so it can be the same preasure, front and back?

I will be using a SCWD and a Velocity T4 on a closed loop. I will have one outlet for each side, but like the idea of having two outlets on each side. Please give input.
John Fletcher

20 years experience

(Tank of the Month for May 2003)Taking a little break...
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 10:28am
I want your tank Adam. That looks great!

Sweet setup.
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 8:43pm

I just moved most of the stuff in my 24 gallon tank over to the new tank.

The color on the pics is off by a little. The tank is being lit by two 65 watt PCs (one 50/50 and one actinic). The hood also has a 175 watt MH.

A flame scallop which has been happy in the 24 gallon for nearly a year now

And the anemone fish which quickly found its best friend

I'll be upgrading the MH in the hood to a 400 watt 10,000K bulb in the next week or so. Meaning i'll have a 175 watt icecap ballast and 10,000K Ushio bulb for sale shortly....if anyone is interested  (about 3-4 months use on both).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by John Fletcher John Fletcher wrote:

Question. With the plumbing described above, how does the water get to the back outlet with the front outlet being open. Are you slowing the front down, so it can be the same preasure, front and back?

I will be using a SCWD and a Velocity T4 on a closed loop. I will have one outlet for each side, but like the idea of having two outlets on each side. Please give input.

Sorry, I just saw this question John

With all four outlets open, the flow was even between front and back, but it wasn't strong enough. I ended up capping one front outlet and one back outlet. Now I have two nozzles pointing at each other. I also took off the SCWD since it was reducing flow a bit. It also made a noise which I didn't care for (like gears shifting). I was told it does this on more powerful pumps, but don't know for sure. Im selling the SCWD if anyone is interested (it has only been used for about 24 hours - $25) 

Edited by BananaTropics
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 6:22am
Hey, I need a SCWD! Do you still have it? First dibs?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 6:27am
How much for the old 175 MH?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 7:29am
I too may be interested....in the light
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 9:00am

The bulb and ballast are for sale in the Selling forum.

Edited by BananaTropics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2004 at 11:56am

The 400 watt bulb is due to arrive today. Here is a pic with the 175 watt bulb running

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 7:38pm

400 watt installed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2004 at 7:31pm

Latest pics

Aug 28 edit

Edited by BananaTropics
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2004 at 8:21pm

Looks great!

Makes me want to build the same thing.  Aquatica has a couple Malu(?) anemones (I've never heard of that name before, but they look like ritteri, H. magnifica to me) that would look awesome in a tank like that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 11:34am
Thanks Jon. One of the main reasons I built this tank was to keep a H. magnifica. It will (hopefully) stay on top of the rock structure, directly under the MH bulb and near the return lines. I believe H. malu is also known as "sebae" anemone. Thats probably my second choice
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 12:26pm
Sebae... yes now I remeber that's what Shawn had said too.  I just wish I had room in my tank for one!  They're beautiful!  Right now I have three smaller hostable anemones (I'm not counting my aptasia ) in my tank and two of them are on the move!  I have a love hate relationship with 'em.  When they stay, I love 'em, when they move, I hate 'em.  So far I've anticipated their next move and moved corals to cleared a path for them.
Dreaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 1:41am
Originally posted by coreyk coreyk wrote:

Originally posted by jfinch jfinch wrote:

Cost shmost.  Sometimes it just fun to build things .

i agree 110% !!!

ME TOO!!!! The pay off has been well worth the work for me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic