Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I could use some help with my new RO/DI unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jden092901 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jden092901 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I could use some help with my new RO/DI unit
    Posted: October 15 2008 at 12:05am
I have a new 6 stage RO/DI unit I just hooked up.  When I turned it on the water filled the first 3 chambers then the middle (4th) and then started to come out of the unit, out of the black tube (waist tube).  It then stopped, I opened the valve and it started to drain again.  It is filled up my bucket with water.  I just wanted to make sure its normal for it to drain out of the black waist tube all the time when its on.  Its drains a lot faster then the fill tube.
I hope i dont confuse you.

Thanks,

Josh
snoyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 7:35am
it is working right, normally you get about 1/4 or 1/3 of good clean water to waste, thats just how the membrane works, the more pressure and the warmer the water the less waste you get but I don't measure the waste or worry about it if your clean production seems reasonable for the rated membrane like 75 gallons per day, so if I get around 3 gallons an hour I figure thats about right and everything is working
jden092901 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jden092901 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 9:48am
Thanks for your help!  Now I feel better about it.

Thanks again
Josh
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 9:53am
You can use the waste water for house plants, to wash the dog, to soak your feet, etc.  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic