Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy a new tank?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy a new tank?
    Posted: January 14 2010 at 2:11am
I am wanting to get a bigger tank. Besides here, KSL, and Craigslist, where can I buy a tank? Preferably new. I was also thinking about building my own through Beehive Glass, but I'm not too sure about that. I think I'd like to put in a bit more money and get something that I know isn't going to give me that awful feeling of thinking my room is going to flood and lose everything.

So! Where can I buy new tanks? (Links help Smile)

Or who thinks I should man up and build my own? (Has anyone on here done their own?)
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 2:17am
I know you want to buy new, but I have a friend in Oregon selling a 5' x 5' x 30" tank, stand, return pump, overflow, and wavemaker for $450. It is a crazy good deal. It is thick, like 3/4" acrylic, and doesn't have scratches, at least no major ones. If I had the cash I would pick it up. If you have extra money you can always use it on controllers, skimmer, vortechs, and livestock. Sorry I was no help to your actual post, but I just wanted to throw out a thought.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 2:35am
What size do  you want? I have a 210 in my garage right now with dual overflows.
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 2:43am
I want something bigger than my 30. I really want to make that a refugium. I want something bigger than a 90gal for sure. I'd need a new stand too. 
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 7:44am
IMHO, a commercially-available tank is the cheapest way to go, if you like the standard sizes. If you don't like the standard sizes, any of the LFS can make or get custom tanks from various sources, but be prepared to pay some $$. The other way is to be patient and wait for someone to put their custom tank up for sale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 8:47am
I really like deeper dimensions. It gives you great aquascaping abilities and a whole new feel with the tank. I think that if you looked at the Marineland Starphire Deep Dimension you would be very happy. They make a 150g that is 3 foot x 3 foot x 27 inches. I have the 4 foot x 3 foot x 27 inches and love it. It is 200g. Very good quality on the build with these tanks. I think the 150 is more like a cube and would be pretty cool. It has only 1 corner overflow and if it were me I would make it a corner tank. It would be awesome!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 9:31am
Aquatic Dreams have standard reef ready tanks as well as being able to build some of the most awesome custom tanks. See them at www.aquaticdreamer.com. They are on Antelope Drive in Layton/Clearfield area.

Edited for crappy spelling

Edited by Dion Richins - January 14 2010 at 9:32am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 9:33am
Dion you shouldn't really say "crap" it may offend people. Please refer to your comments/spelling as detritus-like.

Edited by downhill_biker - January 14 2010 at 9:34am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 9:51am
i have a 120 gallon sitting in my garage! 
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 10:08am
Marine Aquatics can build Acrylic or Glass aquariums ( leemar style) or even more crazy like this

http://reefbuilders.com/2009/11/09/ice-age-aquarium-neatest-empty-tank/
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic