Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Gives?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cymru Am Byth View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cymru Am Byth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Gives?
    Posted: February 20 2023 at 3:19pm
I am not seeing to many new posts. What has happened, is the club and this forum site going down? has everyone left the hobby?
Jody L. Reese
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2023 at 9:09am
 a lot of people have left the hobby, but my guess is that this forum is mostly dead. i see a new post every once in a while, but never for much. the club as a whole (in my opinion) has struggled from a lack of change, the forum/website is old, difficult to upload photos to, and overall more inconvenient to post to rather than going to facebook. 
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2023 at 11:14am
It would be interesting to do a pole and see how many people actually look at the forum.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2023 at 5:31pm
it would require people to stop looking on Facebook to answer the poll.  I'm all for putting effort into the forum but i don't think that is enough to get people to use the forum more.  People seem to more interested in social media than social clubs. The forum is what it is and without a donation it large money or time from those that provide the hardware and hosting for the site there isn't likely going to be much change to what's offered here.  It's a great resource for information and club planned events and meetings but anything else requires members in the club to post things and there doesn't seem to be any interest in that or providing input on new events or things to try as a club.  The presidency is ready to listen and happy to have additional help with ideas and planning for any willing to contribute their time and efforts.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic