Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quarantined Corals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kromlech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kromlech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarantined Corals
    Posted: December 21 2021 at 10:10am
Hello all,

So about 9 months ago I had a bout with Marine Velvet. It killed all the fish in my tank save one clownfish. Following Humble.fish and quarantine procedures. I have let the tank sit fallow for 80 days, and quarantined all fish using copper to eliminate parasitic infections. 

Since then, I have been extremely careful as to not introduce future parasites into the tank. My question here is. Is there anyone in this group who runs fully quarantined tanks and sells corals from these systems, or runs Fishless coral tanks where corals sit for over 78 days? 

I know this is a lot and I don't really have the room to do set up QT tanks myself anymore. and since Ich, and Velvet can stick to frag plugs, coral skeletons and random inverts that may hitchhike with a coral, I don't want to take that chance.
50.3 AIO Waterbox
HOMIE4LIFE View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOMIE4LIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2021 at 12:51am
I have close to a fishless frag tank only have two clowns in it have had them over 6 years never a issue 
TRUE HOMIE 4 LIFE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic