Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpeakers at MWRF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakers at MWRF
    Posted: January 24 2015 at 5:37pm
In keeping with the tradition of having the best speakers in the biz for Reef Fest we would like to turn it over to the forum - Who would you love to have speak and why?  If you don't have a speaker is there a topic you would love to hear more about?

We have some great speakers in mind but want your thoughts/suggestions!!!

Thanks
Jon
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2015 at 8:25pm
Mike Paletta!!  He's my favorite hobbyist of all time.  You guys get all the good ones, so you've probably already had him out here.

Edited by love2skiutah - January 24 2015 at 8:26pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 3:27am
+1 Mike Paletta. He's one of the great pioneers of coral propagation and one of the experts on practically everything else.

Julian Sprung, the Guru of our hobby, always something new to talk about and he's an engaging speaker. I believe it's been a long time since he was last here, but I learned all kinds of new and helpful things from him then.

Aloha  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ReefOn View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 6:21am
Both are awesome suggestions. What about getting Larry from LRS to talking about fish diet and health? He came out here last year just to hang out, and man has he blown up in the industry these last six months. He is doing some crazy stuff with his foods and the fish breeding experts in the industry.

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 8:51am
Great suggestions. Please keep them coming.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 8:14pm
I would like to hear Scott Fellman again. Especially with the whole Triton thing going on. And hear how it is working out and their findings between sps, lps, and zoas

Plus maybe he could also bring frags from unique corals and products from triton to sell
tealgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 12:10pm
Darn, this falls on the main day of Comic Con in SLC (the big one). Going to miss reef fest this year Cry

Was even planning my raffle strategy lol LOL
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2015 at 8:49am
I think i may skip comic con this year in favor of reef fest Wink
tealgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2015 at 12:12pm
It also falls on my wedding. Can't skip that one LOL

I need a designated raffle ticket person lol

Edited by tealgirl - February 06 2015 at 12:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic