Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High TDS!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High TDS!!!!
    Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:22pm
Ok .. I live in Magna .. and evan though I run my water threw a 5 stage filtration unit my TDS is still very high ... (225 PPM) ... the water comming into the filter is upwords of 1200 PPM ... so I was wondering if I was able to run the water threw the 5 stage filter .. than threw yet another RO filter ... or bascally run it threw 2 RO filters ... than threw the DI chamber?

Dose anyone do this? ... and would it help lower the TDS getting into my tank? ... I would like to get the TDS down to >5 PPM
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:47pm
probably just a di, but there are two issues as I see it, either your ro membrane has a leak, or the particles are small enough to get past the ro membrane, which a di may help with.

IMHO, 225 is a pretty small number as long as you are doing water changes you should be fine, with it as it is, there are many people that are using tap water.

Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic