Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ricordia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ricordia
    Posted: April 02 2003 at 8:43pm

Is there anything special to know about fragging ricordia mushrooms? I have a large green one that I would like to propogate. Any help would be appreciated. Also - will it split and multiply itself like discosoma? It has grown quite a bit since I got it - but it hasn't split....

KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2003 at 6:16am
I have green ricordias that have multiplied like crazy since I first got them. When I fragged them, I treated them just like you would any other mushroom.
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 6:10pm
Update - (if anyone cares)

My ricordia (I'm still not sure that's what they are) are splitting regularly now. If anyone wants to trade for one, let me know. They are awesome. I think I got the original from Suzy - but I'm not sure.
They are hungry too. Very cool feeding reaction.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 6:38pm
Can you post a picture? I think I'm interested in one.
scroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:13pm
I have some I would like to sell.
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:15pm
Scroll and Shane - What color ricordia do you have?
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 10:20pm
rfoote,

My ricordia are green and white. Green base with white "bumps". I'm not sure what else you would call the texture. They are nice looking and aggressive eaters.
I have two that I would sale or trade. If anyone is interested PM me or come on up north. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 5:43pm
Shane - I think I live up by you. I wouldn't mind checking it out.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 7:48am
rfoote,
Come on up! The ricordia are nice size. I've got some other frags you may be interested in. Just let me know. You're always welcome to visit.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 12:27pm
Finally a pic ...

So - are these ricordia ???
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

So - are these ricordia ???

Looks like the bottom two are, but I don't know for sure. They're cool looking anyway...

Edited by Ryan Willden
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 5:34pm
Shane - Do they really look that white? If so, I definitely would like one. PM me with how much you want for it.

Thanks!
scroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 6:20pm
I have a full rock of them also and other colors to.
just my 3 cents shy of a nickel. Ryan 897-2000

1 125 gallon reef
1 120 gallon reef tank and stand custom built by MSM
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 9:11pm
That is really how they look. The top one is the original. The others have split from it.
scroll - how about some pics of the the ones you have. I would be interested in getting one of another color.
scroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 9:55pm
They are nice colors but I don't have a camera.Sorry

1 125 gallon reef
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 8:44am
Shane, I believe they are giant green metallic mushrooms. They were identified as such in Julian Sprungs coral identification book. Our library has a copy or two. You may have got a frag of one from me on a trade awhile back. They get rather large and they really are cool. I simply cut from the parimeter of the mushroom then let it attach to sand then glue the sand to a rock.

I used to bridal veil them to rocks. In my experience they will often times disintegrate and come out from the bridal veil. So it's just easier for me to snip and wait.          
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 10:39am
Scroll I would really like aome of these mushrooms. I don't know how big your rock is, if it is small enough, I'll take it!!
Lynn
Diverdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diverdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2003 at 8:20am
I always thought the ricordia are bumpier, that the protrusions were rounder and smooth looking. The ones in the picture look like what I have seen called "fuzzy mushrooms." In fact I bought a rock of these at MSM with about six of them on it.
Anyways, they are really cool looking.

Rich
75 Gallon Reef
15 Gallon Reef
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 12:03am
I have also heard them refered to as fuzzy mushrooms. That's what I call em.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
scroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 12:50am
ricordia are bubbley not frilly

1 125 gallon reef
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic