Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 40 Gallon - New Pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 3:10pm
Are you going to drill the tank?
Life is good....right?
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by woottonjeremy woottonjeremy wrote:

You up loaded those 4 min after I posted dork! But hey looks good! 

I know! LOL I reserved the second post for pictures and then had to upload all those.

Thanks for the compliment!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 2:33pm
You up loaded those 4 min after I posted dork! But hey looks good! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by woottonjeremy woottonjeremy wrote:

i just had a small heat attack then I realized there arent pictures so this cant be real! Wink

Jeremy you need to refresh the page and check again! I just put pictures of the stand build.
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 2:06pm
i just had a small heat attack then I realized there arent pictures so this cant be real! Wink
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 2:04pm
Oh wow looks like a certain place froze over!

You've been talking about this since I got on the board. LOL
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 1:50pm
So here is the stand build. I did miss a few steps when taking pictures. I sanded all the corners and rounded them to look a little distressed and beat up. I then painted 2 coats of green and then 2 coats of black. When I distressed it after painting, the green show through very nicelySmile

The stand is roughly 30 inches tall and is perfect height to work in the tank comfortably. I didn't want to get out a stool every time I worked on the tank but I also didn't want back problems from always bending over to look at the tank.

Now for the pics:

The stand with some of the shell put on.

Added some molding....I measured wrong and had to run to Home Depot to buy some moreWacko

First coat of green:

Second coat of green:

That is all the pictures I have for now. I somehow skipped taking pictures with the black painted on. Right now the stand is all finished and has been coated with a protective finish. I painted the inside and sealed it all off with three coats of protective sealer to help with the humidity and water drips inside the stand.

It took me 5 or 6 days to complete the whole thing and I am VERY happy how it all turned out! Big smile

I will get pictures of the completed stand this weekend sometime.

Edited by Ryan Thompson - January 22 2010 at 2:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 1:49pm
Well the time has come for me to start a build thread on my new tank. This tank has honestly been in the making for probably the last 2.5 years. So I am super excited to get it going.

Here is the equipment list so far:

Tank: 40 Gallon Breeder
Sump: 20 Tall
Stand: Home made
Lights: ATI Sunpower 4x24W (2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue and 1 KZ Fiji Purple)
Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC6
Return Pump: Quiet One 2200 (for now)
Powerheads: Voretch MP10w ES
Plumbing: Herbie style drain with an emergency backup drain
Controller: RK Lite Level 1

My lights will be ordered next week and I hope to have them by next Friday at the lastest. I also ordered my hole saw and some bulkheads and they should arrive next week also. So if anyone can help drill a tank I would love the help!

I will be dosing Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 and Vodka to this tank. I have been dosing vodka in my sump that is curing rock right now and it is incredible how much better the skimmer performs when I dose vodka.

Ok enough of me talking let's get to the next post and I will show the progress so far.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Ryan Thompson - September 01 2010 at 11:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic