FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 40 Gallon - New Pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 11:02am
Oh and I haven't placed an order for those snails. I will leave your bulb with Jeremy today as well, so you can get it at the earliest time for you.

Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by disneymania disneymania wrote:

Ryan was it a trochus snail he was going to get in? I have asteras, hermits, nerits, nass. Starfish, cuccumbers, you name it I have it all but trochus snails.

That is the one. He just said he would bring some in when he placed an order for them.

I may come get some snails from you but am not sure when I can this week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by snailson snailson wrote:

Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

I had originally planned to add some Blue LED's but that isn't going to happen so I need to get a new bulb. I asked Skyler to get me one so hopefully he orders soon. If not I am just gonna do an order myself.

Hey Ryan! Did you ever think to call to see if I had your bulb in? I have it so come get it before I decide to sell it. LOL

No I thought you would text me or something! I didn't know you even placed the order.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

I had originally planned to add some Blue LED's but that isn't going to happen so I need to get a new bulb. I asked Skyler to get me one so hopefully he orders soon. If not I am just gonna do an order myself.

Hey Ryan! Did you ever think to call to see if I had your bulb in? I have it so come get it before I decide to sell it. LOL
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:25am
Ryan was it a trochus snail he was going to get in? I have asteras, hermits, nerits, nass. Starfish, cuccumbers, you name it I have it all but trochus snails.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:24am
did you have to order the vida rock? does the aquarium have a good selection?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:19am
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Looks good! What bulbs are you running right now? It looks more 14K to me than 12K.

ATI Blue Plus
KZ Fiji Purple
GE 6500K
ATI Blue Plus

It is definitely 12k if not 10k. The color isn't represented correctly. I played with the white balance but my camera is a cheap point and shoot and only has so many options.

The combo of 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 KZ Fiji Purple and 1 ATI Aquablue is almost identical to a Phoenix 14k that is a little overdriven.
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:16am
Looks good! What bulbs are you running right now? It looks more 14K to me than 12K.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by bugzme bugzme wrote:

Wow looks great! I really like the aquascaping

Thanks!

Originally posted by Deluxe247 Deluxe247 wrote:

Ditto.  that rockwork rules!  Do you have jumpers?  is that the reason for the screen over the top?

Yes I have a flasher wrasse in there. I also plan many more wrasses and a pearly jawfish. I have had almost every type of fish jump so I love having the net.

Originally posted by disneymania disneymania wrote:

looks as horrible as when i saw it. Deluxe he has a wrasse in there. So the kole isnt there eh? Looks good ryan. Oh ryan looks like you need a clean up crew.... that sand is pretty brown... I know where you can get a cuc at

The Kole died about a week into the tank. I am done trying to keep herbivores. They never live in my tanks so I am going with carnivores from now on. Yes I do need a CUC pretty bad. Skyler was supposed to bring me in some "special" snail but I never heard from him on it.

What do you have?
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 9:31am
looks as horrible as when i saw it. Deluxe he has a wrasse in there. So the kole isnt there eh? Looks good ryan. Oh ryan looks like you need a clean up crew.... that sand is pretty brown... I know where you can get a cuc at

Edited by disneymania - April 21 2010 at 9:31am
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 8:54am
Ditto.  that rockwork rules!  Do you have jumpers?  is that the reason for the screen over the top?
90G Mixed Reef
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 7:12am
Wow looks great! I really like the aquascaping
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 2:42am
Ok here are the pics! The colors are a little washed out but you get the setup idea. I would say the overall color is 12k and I hate it. Will be switching that up soon for a more blue look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 3:19pm
I think they usually sell it for like 3 dollars a pound or something but I could be way off. I got mine from The Aquarium so I drastically overpaid for it.
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 3:03pm
How much does the vita rock currently run?  I wouldn't mind using it in my tank upgrade late summer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by superman1981 superman1981 wrote:

Hey Ryan, does Vita-Rock grow coraline like regular live rock? Also how does it compare for filtration like say Utah Rock that has been in a tank for the same amount of time?

Yes it will grow coraline algae just fine. Mine hasn't started but that is fine by me. I hate the stuff.

The rock is so freaking porous! It was still releasing air after a few days in the tank and I even swirled it all around to get air out. I would think it will do the same filtration as Utah rock or LR from the ocean.

The nice thing is that it comes in all sorts of shapes and they usually have nice little places to attach corals. It looks a little unnatural but I really like it. It makes my tank different than the other 200 tanks on here ya know? Once the corals start growing out and algae takes over it will fit right in.

It is also nice to know that no hitch hikers are coming in with it.
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 2:49pm
Hey Ryan, does Vita-Rock grow coraline like regular live rock? Also how does it compare for filtration like say Utah Rock that has been in a tank for the same amount of time?
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 12:55pm
Alright, just for you! I will snap a few FTS when I get home and a few of my corals. I ended up getting some of the Vida Rock and made a SPS station with it. The nicest thing is that I can take the whole rock out and frag off what I want outside of the tank and then just put it back. I really like the Vida Rock too.
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 12:48pm
Who cares about the color right now? Snap a few quick pics! I want to see how it all worked out. Take pretty full colored pictures later, do the down and dirty now!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 12:45pm
A couple things of why there has been zero updates.

1) Planning a wedding is taking all my extra time. I am so sick of it!

2) I hate the color combo on my T5's right now. I need to switch out the GE 6500 for an ATI Aquablue Special or I may even go with the KZ New Generation 14k bulb.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic