Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first suspended reef?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

What was it suspended from?

Mike
LOLLOLLOL
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:21pm
That really is gorgeous, Mark Thumbs Up
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 5:02pm
What was it suspended from?

Mike

Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 4:57pm
Wow! love the pics.  Lve the flow from the top as far as I can tell.  How do you ahve your waterflow?  Also How do you keep your Sand so clean?
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 4:41pm
It was suggested by a good friend that I was a bit overconfident in my claim to have had the first suspended reef in the WMAS in 2005. Though it may have been proposed elsewhere, I'd be interested to know if anyone had seen a hobbyist anywhere with a fully suspended reef prior to mine. My idea had been inspired by Julian Sprung's WMAS presentation about the effect of water flow causing detritus to settle at the base of the rocks and an open sand bed being a way to delay or prevent old tank syndrome.

I don't doubt there was one, but by the response I heard from most hobbyists during Reef Tour 2005, mine was almost a one of a kind. If there are pics of others, please post. Here's mine:

Edited by Mark Peterson - December 04 2008 at 4:46pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic