Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bangaii cardinal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangaii cardinal
    Posted: November 18 2012 at 8:30pm
I just added a bangaii cardinal to my tank and I already had one and wanted to add a second one. Since it was cheap I got and its smaller than the one I had. The old one is chasing the new one and now he is hiding in the corner. I'm thinking or leaving him for a few days more to see if they calm down.
Should I worry if they keep fighting or are they just setting things straight to see how is the dominant ?
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 8:41pm
IMO I would just leave them and see for like... a weekish? I have just left damsels togather and they got over it, even though one will chase another for a sec once in a great while, but I wouldnt worry about it too much, unless he keeps at it for a while
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 8:50pm
Yeah I was thinking the same thing to just let them settle down and if they don't probably trade one of them for another one
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 9:06pm
Yeah, totaly, just keep an eye on them and see for a while
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 10:34pm
Eh, they might pair up and get over their differences. Or they will continue fighting, its best to add them at the same time. 
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 12:11am
Keep a close eye on the small one. Most of the time when a Bangaii is aggressive toward the other it will kill it.  
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 3:30pm
Today they are swimming together/ close to each other and have not seeing any fights since morning. So hopefully it will stay like that
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic