Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeding the Star

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeding the Star
    Posted: September 04 2003 at 11:17pm

Noticed there hadn't been a post in this forum for a while, so I thought I'd try for some feedback.

I have a sea star (a chocolate chip to be exact) who spends it's time in the sump to keep it away from the snails (and to keep him handy to hold). I was curious as to how often it should be fed. Currently, I feed him a chunck of fish/shrimp/shark formula twice a week. It is doing ok (or seems to be), but wanted to see what yall think.

Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 7:47am
The more you feed the bigger it will get. I am not joking when I give you the size of a chocolate chip star a friend of mine has. It is almost 10" across as of last year. He hand feeds it almost everyday!! It started the size of a baseball, three years ago.
John Fletcher

20 years experience

(Tank of the Month for May 2003)Taking a little break...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic