Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Led system for a red sea max

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Led system for a red sea max
    Posted: August 17 2012 at 10:57pm
For anyone who saw all the drama about my thread in the classifieds I wanted to clarify what happened. Aquablue and I got talking one day about LEDs and he told me that he has built some setups of his own. I was really interested and he graciously offered to help me put LEDs in my red sea max. He was great and told me all the things i needed to buy. I went to his house the other night and he installed the LEDs into the hood of my red sea max. he was great and has a great knowledge of electronics. he tought me about how it worked and the whole setup.

Aquablue did this tottally out of kindness for a fellow member. I would like to extend that same kindness to everyone else who is interested in LEDS. I am in no wise interested in making money off helping other build these LEDs. I am also in no way an expert with electronics or LEDs like Aquablue is. I in no way meant to discredit his work. He came up with this design and full credit to him. thanks for helping a fellow member.

here is a picture of my tank with the the original power compact lights

Here it is now with the LEDs

Edited by backwards32 - August 17 2012 at 11:16pm
golfnut1232 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnut1232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 12:31am
That's exactly how I took your original post. The lights look really sweet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 8:02am
Thanks they turned out really good. I need yo get a few more parts and then I will be able to dim and adjust each color. he the setup is made with 10 watt leds. It has 2 blue 2 15000k and 2 20000k leds . so 60 watts total. it hardly puts off any heat at all
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 8:14am
Yeah I saw the very public thrashing.  As you know, I wrote to you almost immediately after you posted yesterday and you wrote back and were very honest about your lack of experience with what I wanted as it was likely more detailed than what had been done to your tank, but offered to try to help.  I appreciated your honesty.  And I love it when someone tries to pay it forward.  I'll be in touch with you.
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 1:48pm
I apologize for my interpretation of the original post, sometimes it's hard to get the full context when you only have words on a page and aren't talking face to face.

A conclusion was jumped to that shouldn't have been, I'm glad the truth is better than fiction.
29G Rimless BioCube | DIY LED
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 5:57pm
So .. I have a BioCube that I want to convert. Who do I talk to about it? It might be cool to take some pics of the process and write it up for the SeaStar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 7:13pm
Aquablue is the expert and its his design but i would love to help you or anyone else who is interested.
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 5:04pm
what is the cost for a red sea max?
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 6:12pm
here is a few pictures of the production phase

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 6:14pm
Cost for a red sea max
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 7:29pm
I just priced out mine. for the same setup that I have on mine it costs $125.62 but it could be done cheaper or more expensive just depending on what you wanted. each color on mine is adjustable.
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 7:39pm
Is yours for a red sea max?
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 7:48pm
yes. all the pictures are from my red sea max. the biocube is very simlar and the same could be done to it as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic