Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where should I get glass for a sump?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where should I get glass for a sump?
    Posted: May 29 2012 at 8:11pm
I have an empty 30 gal tank that I want to turn into a sump. Where is somewhere I can buy glass for the baffles?
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 8:17pm
I don't know about SLC, but GlassMasters in Layton is beyond awesome.  They stayed late for us, got us the baffles the same day, custom fit them actually inside the tank to make sure they fit (turns out the tank wasn't completely squared-off), and then they sanded the edges so we wouldn't cut ourselves.

Some Ace Hardware stores do it, but not all.  Call ahead.  You usually have to just give dimensions...and hope they fit. 
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Reef'd Up Reef'd Up wrote:

I don't know about SLC, but GlassMasters in Layton is beyond awesome.  They stayed late for us, got us the baffles the same day, custom fit them actually inside the tank to make sure they fit (turns out the tank wasn't completely squared-off), and then they sanded the edges so we wouldn't cut ourselves.

Some Ace Hardware stores do it, but not all.  Call ahead.  You usually have to just give dimensions...and hope they fit. 

Any Ideas on what glass masters would charge?
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 9:10pm
They cut 6 panels for our 40g of 1/8" glass, fit them into the tank, and sanded them...after hours...for $20 out the door. Of course, we still had to silicone them in, but we thought the service was outstanding. 
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic