Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question
    Posted: May 17 2006 at 3:48pm
Can i put the macroalgea in a breeders net that hangs on the tank.. U know what i am talking about.. The net where u might put fry's  in..
40 breeder, TEK T5 6x39 7 months

Quote by Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."

Salt lake city,Ut
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:01pm
Sure! As long as it gets light, it will grow. But, why?
Kevin F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 5:14pm
I think different species of macro would react differently to that environment. Chaeto is probably your best bet IMHO but others could do well as well. Grape caulphera would also grow quite quickly but depending on the hole size of the net and it's security might be able to escape and seed the rest of the tank IME.

IME prolifera thrives best when there is more room and substrate to hitch on.

IMHO you might want to look at an HOB refugium. There kinda of a cool place to grow macro's IME and you can light it inversly with your tank to stablazie PH.

Good Luck.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. Albert Einstein
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 7:00pm
the reason is because the tank is in the living room and the stand doesn't have doors on them, so i don't want another tank below where it is visible, u know what i am trying to say.  bASICALLY don't like the looks,  if i do get another stand with doors I will..
40 breeder, TEK T5 6x39 7 months

Quote by Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."

Salt lake city,Ut
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic