Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April 2018 Meeting - Just-InCredabel Grafting! - Event Date: April 05 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: April 2018 Meeting - Just-InCredabel Grafting!
    Posted: January 24 2018 at 3:17pm
Aprils club meeting will include a well known community speaker. We are finalizing details soon and will post the big announcement as soon as it's on the books!

Justin Credabel is a coral and reef lover, and lifelong aquarium hobbyist. Justin co-founded Credabel Coral Lab, with Dr Michael Gerdes to bring his love of coral to a wider audience with wholesale captive grown coral, and fish. A particular passion for Goniopora led him to develop the food Goniopower, manufactured by Two Little Fishies, as well as Chalicepower, and Nutragorg. Justin has spent the last decade writing for the reef hobby, giving presentations around America and beyond, and further pushing the boundaries of coral reef knowledge and practice. Justin is also an artist and musician and lives in Connecticut with his wife and daughters.

Credabel Coral Lab is a large scale tropical coral farm and research laboratory located in downtown New London, CT. With over 40 years of combined experience in coral aquaculture and biomedical research, Credabel Coral Lab is the culmination of the life’s work of co-founders Dr. Michael Gerdes and Justin Credabel Grabel. Credabel Coral Lab produces thousands of captive grown coral each week in its downtown location for distribution across the US. We are committed to building up the reef aquarium industry, improving coral aquaculture technology, and sharing our knowledge and passion with aquarium professionals and hobbyists. A secondary mission of the Credabel Coral Gallery is to provide an access point for the public to interact with coral and ocean life in new and meaningful ways. In order for a person to develop their own personal connection with coral and coral reefs, they first need to experience them in a hands on way. For public engagement, our company has taken a unique approach of coupling fine art with our operation in the form of a formal art gallery that showcases artists who have a passion for the oceans and ocean life. Art draws people from all backgrounds to our gallery. By interacting with artists, photographers, videographers, and musicians The Gallery serves to inspire coral centric art, and media that further raises awareness of coral reefs and their importance to the natural order of the planet. Raising awareness is not enough, our goal is to increase people’s personal connection to coral. To know is not enough, you have to care. To care, you have to have hope, and our’s is a message of hope, and action

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 15 2018 at 9:35pm
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 8:28am
April meeting info is posted! You will not want to miss this meeting! Justin is coming all the way from Connecticut to speak to our club!

I don't know what else it takes to get our members out to our meetings, but this should be a reason!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 1:30pm
Is he going to be talking about grafting?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 1:52pm
As one of the topics, I should have a list of the highlights soon
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2018 at 12:48pm
This is getting closer!!!
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2018 at 10:26am
Who likes getting amazing and unusual corals at great prices? Well if you said "me" you might just be in luck. We are working on a little surprise with Credabel Coral Labs and WMAS members to get you just that!

Keep your eyes on this thread for updates as they come out! You might want to keep a little bit of fuel in your vehicle as well.

Just over a week out from this speaker event and it's going to be big!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
WildBill View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2018 at 3:07pm
Wish my tank was cycled.
VdubReefer View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VdubReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 5:47am
I’m going to come for sure
"He who is one with the sea"
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 9:41am
We are in the home stretch! Thursday this week this speaker event is going down! You will not want to miss it.

Don't forget that if you participated in the LFS Tour in February all of the prizes for that event will be drawn at this meeting as well! Tanks, skimmers, Gift Cards, water jugs, t-shirts, and more! You will want to make sure you are there!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 10:49am
Oh, and did we mention that

Will also be there selling corals! Well we have now!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 9:35am
Reef On made a huge coral buy directly from Credabel Coral Labs (CCL) and will have them for sale at the meeting for group buy prices! No waiting and ordering online. Just come to the meeting and buy 100% aquacultured corals direct from CCL with no shipping!

I'm not sure what else to do to get everyone there! Just do it already!

See you all tomorrow!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2018 at 3:45pm
Justin has arrived in Salt Lake!!!!!! Don't forget to join us tonight at the Rose Garden at 7:00pm. Lots going on tonight. We have Justin speaking, awesome corals for sale, LFS Tour raffles and much more!! See you there.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 11:03am
Chime in! Let us know what you thought of our speaker. These speakers come in to to to you our club members and we want you to enjoy the topics and information that they bring to you. Let us know if you liked the topic and the speaker so we can use that to plan for future speaker events.

I liked the topic, I thought the content could have been better planned and there was too much technical jargin that many would not understand without previous knowledge of the topic. Justin was personable and loved interacting with the club members that came up to ask questions or meet him before and after the event. He loved the club and was pretty surprised at the turnout of our members!

Thank you to all who came!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic