Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 LFS Tour - Event Date: February 09 2018 - February 10 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2018 LFS Tour
    Posted: June 08 2018 at 7:20am

Thanks to Linda Tucker and Fernando Jaramillo picking up their prizes from the LFS Tour at the May meeting.  We still have prizes for John Marvos and Christopher Castona.  If anyone knows them, can you ask them to reach out to us to claim.  Thanks!

$25 OCD gift card - John Marvos

$50 Fish 4 U gift card - Christopher Castona

theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 2:16pm

I wanted to congratulate Luiz Miranda for winning the grand prize - Driftwood stand and tank.  Congratulations!!

Also thanks to Driftwood and Dion Richins for donating the prize.

A few other winners that were not present to claim their prize are listed below.  Please see a Presidency member at the May Frag Stock meeting to claim your prize.

5 gallon water jug - Hunter Gillins

$25 Pets N Such gift certificate - Linda Tucker

The Fish Tank t-shirt - Fernando Jaramillo

$25 OCD gift card - John Marvos

$50 Fish 4 U gift card - Christopher Castona

Thanks to everyone who participated!!! 

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 10:44am
I hope everyone had a s much fun on this year LFS Tour as I did! I was completely exhausted (as were a few of the shop owners I met with) but it was a great time! Until next year fairwell LFS Tour and hello to all the upcoming meetings and events on the calendar!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by The Fish Tank The Fish Tank wrote:

Holy crap! That was exhausting.

You're Welcome!  Thank you for being a part of it!

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 11 2018 at 1:18pm
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
The Fish Tank View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fish Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 1:08pm
Holy crap! That was exhausting.
2196 w 3500 s. wvc, ut. 84119 801-887-7000 m-f 12-8, sat 11-6, sun 11-4
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2018 at 12:14pm
FYI So Cupcakes next to Fish 4 U is giving out free cupcakes to celebrate their 10th anniversary.
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:08pm
Copy them here or onto the WMAS Facebook group to count for the raffle. We aren't admins on the Utah Reef Keepers page and can't track the posts for the raffle.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:50pm
Pics on Utah Reef Keepers
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:27pm
For every problem there is a solution! Here is what we have come up with to solve the little issue our member ran into tonight. The Pets and Such spot on your punch card is a free spot! You heard that right. Everyone gets that spot even if they didn't get to the store. So take your big black sharpie marker and write the word FREE in that spot on your card! Don't worry if you already turned your card in, We know it's a free spot. ;) For those that went to the store and were kind enough to buy some thing and get the punch, We have a surprise for you as well but you'll have to come to the meeting in April to find out what it is. Thank you to everyone that got out there and showed our stores some love already! Get Salty! See you tomorrow.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
redleader View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 7:54pm
Visited aquatica in Orem. Always a great place. Picked up reef booster and float to auto fill my tank.

Also picked up a coral or two :)
Everyting in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.
OceanBlueSky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlueSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:39pm
I bought a betta! Maybe have them catch you a cricket.
Arthur
220 Reef, 55 Aggressive, 7 nano
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:30pm
While we can't prevent the stores from requiring a purchase. We have asked them not to. This tour is designed to get hobbyists out to the stores and hopefully get a few dollars in the pockets of the stores that support us in this hobby.

Most stores did donate items to the drawings that are part of this tour so as a club member and hobbyist we encourage you to spend some money if the stores have items you need or want. Buying items is a win - win for everyone but again it is not required.

We are talking to them to see if we can resolve this. Thanks for the info and hope you have a great time. Post some pictures!

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
10isbum View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10isbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:07pm
Pets and such is the only store that is requiring people to buy something in order for the card to be punched. I suggest that they be removed from the fish store tour. That was never part of the tour.
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 12:02pm
Yes, that answers my question. Thank you
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 12:01pm
You don't have to be present to win at the April meeting (as long as you remembered to put your name and number on the back of the punch card). I fyou win and are not there to claim it you are responsible to make arrangements to pickup your prize in a timely manner.

Does that answer your question?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:59am
I was asking about the drawing.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by kngt13 kngt13 wrote:

What if I will not be able to attend the banquet?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Banquet is seperate from the LFS tour.

Are you asking what if you can't be at the meeting in April when the prizes are drawn? Or did you buy tiskets to the Banquet and now cannot attend?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:45am
What if I will not be able to attend the banquet?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:52am
I'm right there with you Jon. Hey let's make it interesting.

Help make today more interesting for those stuck at work today and tomorrow. Post pictures (including you in them) while out touring either here or on the Facebook group and you will be entered into a drawing that only includes picture posting tour goers!

Get out there, Be Safe, Have fun, and post away!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:39am
I am at work today, so I want to live vicariously through you!  Post pics, post what you picked up!
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic