Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrag Grow Out Contest Rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frag Grow Out Contest Rules
    Posted: November 01 2016 at 9:48am
1)      Contest Specific Details
a)      a) Contest begins November 3, 2016.
i)        Frags available for pick up from Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society (WMAS) meeting
b)      b) Contest ends February 15, 2016.
c)       c) Entry is $10 for WMAS members and $15 for non-members
d)      d) Winner will be decided by the coral with the largest diameter at any point on the frag.
i)        Winner will receive Gift Card to Aquatic Dreams
e)      e) Additional winner for coral with the best color.
i)        Most colorful coral winner will be voted on by the paid member forum.

2)      Contest Participation Rules
a)      a) Participants are required to fill out application regarding system in which the frag will be placed
b)      b) On the 1st and 15th of each month a new thread will be posted on utahreefs.com forum where participants are required to post a current picture of their frag and answer a few questions regarding the conditions of their system.
i)        Requirements must be completed by the 7th or 22nd of each month or participant will be disqualified.
(1)    Additional time may be given if approved by contest moderators.

3)      Coral Frag Rules
a)      a) Coral frags must remain glued to frag plug or disk on which it was received.
b)      b) Alterations, such as the cutting down of favities base, may be made if prior approval is given by a contest moderator.
i)        Approved alterations require before and after pictures for documentation and educational purposes.

4)      Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification. Cheating is not tolerated and will result in disqualification.

*Rules subject to change

Please feel free to leave your comments here or message me on the forum with additional questions or comments.
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
No, the blue lights at my house are not growing "pharmaceuticals"...
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 5:45pm
Regarding rule 2-B, what are the questions about the conditions of the system?

At the meeting you were discussing rule 3-A. Do we still have to keep it on a plug or can it be removed to be placed on rock work?
PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 6:24pm
I think tank parameters would be the more common phrase. If you tested we just want to know what your results were.

3a has been changed. If you want to remove it from the plug then you need to take post a picture of the frag on the plug/disk and then another picture that shows the frag in its entirety immediate after it is placed in its new home.
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 7:12pm
What should the parameters we need to post be?

To me, the more important parameters would be alkalinity, flow, lighting (photoperiod/LED settings or bulb selection), calcium, nitrate and phosphate.

PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 8:41pm
Yeah, parameters will basic
Alkalinity
Calcium
Phosphate
Nitrate
Magnesium
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 8:53pm
No lighting stats?
PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 10:22am
Yeah we're going to ask for that information as well but not weekly.

On the 15th will be a good opportunity for everyone to fill in the blanks that they couldn't answer at the meeting. I will post the information we have before the 15th so we can see what's missing.
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
TrojanReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 8:19pm
Hey, when are we gonna have another grow out contest?
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 8:36am
Let’s do it!
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 9:04am
The last Frag Grow Out contest we did, we had very little response.  We'd consider starting it back up if we had enough response.  Feel free to post here if you'd be interested.  If we get enough people, we can discuss at our next Presidency meeting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 11:08am
I’m in. Would know at least one other also
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 12:05pm
I may be interested as well.

Edited by sleepingdeep - March 18 2019 at 12:05pm
RadIkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadIkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 7:08pm
I'm interested
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 4:26am
I'm down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 9:07pm
Out of curiosity have any of you who posted you are in for the grow out voted on the poll on wmas Facebook page?
RadIkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadIkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 11:00pm
I don't have Facebook, so nope
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 9:54am
me either, i deleted facebook. too much fish drama.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2019 at 8:43pm
Ok. I just wasn’t sure if we were going to have duplicate votes. As of right now I think we have at least 15 people in each category (lps, sps, and zoas). I’m sure that number will go up when it’s officially announced. I’ll try this week to make it more formal, lock down each coral, and a price for it all. Then it will be posted on here in a new section.
HOMIE4LIFE View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOMIE4LIFE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 10:58pm
I would be down
TRUE HOMIE 4 LIFE
D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 2:11pm
Im interested

Edited by D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN - October 08 2019 at 2:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic