Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

38g nuvo Innovative Marine build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 38g nuvo Innovative Marine build
    Posted: January 02 2014 at 5:26pm
Well after searching a few days for a stand I liked that would actually fit the dimensions of this tank and be high enough I had decided we would just build one, until I walked in my sons room and realized he had the perfect cabinet. It was my grandfathers and happens to be an old dehydrator cabinet but it is built well and fits the tank perfect. Cant say my son is too happy about me taking it but oh well he will survive:)

Tank: 38g Innovative Marine Nuvo 38g
Light: ATI 6 bulb
Skimmer: Tunze 9004
In Tank fuge basket
Underwater 10w fuge light

Fish:
Blue stripe pipefish (eats frozen)
Allens damsel

Inverts:
2 peppermint shrimp
FTS June 6, 2014

FTS May 5, 2014

FTS MArch 20, 2014

Full tank shot March 13, 2014

Full tank shot February 9, 2014

Full tank shot January 26, 2014

Edited by bstuver - June 06 2014 at 9:47pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2014 at 5:27pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2014 at 5:35pm
Off to a good start!
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2014 at 5:41pm
Okay, here we go!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2014 at 5:57pm
Thanks guys, its filled with fresh water for a bit and I'm headed to get sand now while my ro water fills my large garbage container:)

Also please excuse my capitals on this phone when I post from here sometimes I dont catch that its not putting what its supposed to(apostraphes included)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 6:24pm
Got my sand, live rock and water all in the tank. Thanks Peter for the chaeto and piece of rock to finish off my live rock. Also just ordered some stuff from inTank including a fuge basket and underwater light for it:)
Once tank is a bit more cleared up I will take a pic of the rockscape and what not:)

I do think I will have to add a powerhead though which I was hoping to not have to as I hate seeing the cords. Wish I could afford an mp10 but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Also can't decide if I like this skkye 30w tablet light, Im'm not the biggest fan of LED anyway as they don't look natural enough for me but we will see how it goes.
Jackie Stuver

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

Okay, here we go!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 6:57pm
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 6:57pm
Sorry the pic is a bit crooked i was trying to get a good color with my phone
Jackie Stuver

badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 6:58pm
Gorgeous!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 7:46pm
That is looking good!

Studboyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studboyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 7:56pm
Love the rock work!!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 10:22pm
Thanks guys, i must be getting pretty good at it seems i did most of it with the tank cloudy;)
Jackie Stuver

Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 10:53pm
Dang thats cool =) I love the white background...
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 11:03am
wow Jackie!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 2:14pm
Thanks again guys. Can't wait to start adding livestock. It has some polyps that were on a rock and they are doing well along with a serpent starfish that Pete gave me with the rock o hopefully soon. I was thinking of ordering Dr. Tim's one and only bacteria and just read that at least The Aquarium carries it so I may take a trip there if no one in Utah county carries it.
Jackie Stuver

Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 3:22pm
I love the "minimalistic" rock work. I went the same kind of route on my 50 cube and I really like it and have fun with all the openness.

Looking great, Jackie.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2014 at 4:00pm
Alright I added the maxijet 1200 to the other split line so it has some great flow now however now I have micro bubbles from hell. So unless I can figure out how to get rid of those , I will have to just go back to the one return pump.
I picked up a misbar clown from A Reef Oasis a few days ago and yesterday I picked up another misbar and some snails/hermits from Aquatic Evolution.
My tunze 9004 skimmer arrived Thursday as well and works awesome. The rest of my stuff should arrive tomorrow as it's been sitting at the UPS hub since Friday:(
Jackie Stuver

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2014 at 1:14pm
Just thinking out loud here. Could the micro bubbles be coming from the skimmer?

I get a few micro bubbles in my tanks but thats because the return nozzle is a little bit closer to the surface so it draws down air every once in awhile. maybe that is the cause?

Anyways I hope you can get it figured out without having to go back to lower flow.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2014 at 12:42am
Originally posted by ksmart ksmart wrote:

Just thinking out loud here. Could the micro bubbles be coming from the skimmer?

I get a few micro bubbles in my tanks but thats because the return nozzle is a little bit closer to the surface so it draws down air every once in awhile. maybe that is the cause?

Anyways I hope you can get it figured out without having to go back to lower flow.

For some reason I never saw this response, I got them calmed down a bit by making a bubble trap but it still was bad so I went back to the one pump. The micro bubbles stopped after removing the other pump.
On a new note though I bought a tank setup to get some things out of it and one was a vortech mp-10w es just barely got it on the tank today but so far so good.

Here is a small updated pic from my cell phone today
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic