Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Krazie's Nano Paradise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Krazie's Nano Paradise

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marcoss View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member
Avatar

Joined: November 23 2014
Location: American Fork
Status: Offline
Points: 1239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:



Sorry Marcos, I lost that frag in a bryopsis outbreak in my tank. I plan on getting more but gotta finish up the clean up in the tank first.


Oh dang, sorry to hear that. Its crazy how fragile these sytems can be. I did a simple water change last night and my toadstool curled up to about 25% of its open size, fell off of a rock, and was laying upside down dead looking. I woke up this morning and its somehow flipped itself over and is back to 100% its size. 

If you end up getting more, and its advantageous/cheaper to buy in bulk, I would be down with splitting costs. I cannot find them any place and really want some.

Thanks!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:41am
No SVR2 adjustment needed. Just pick the right amperage on the LDD for that channel and the rest is automatic. No tuning, no dialing, no redesigning if you want to change LEDs. You can even add more LEDs and as long as it doesn't make the string FV higher than the input supply voltage then it just works.

LDD's are fixed current so there is no way to add an SVR2 to the circuit but why would you want to when the current is already fixed and changing is as simple as swapping one part?

Bryopsis is a royal pain but I beat it and pray I never get it again. Didn't you already rage quit the hobby once?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 10:43am
Oh, I'll be getting them again. I already have a source for them that is out of state. Once the temps warm up a bit and I get the new tank setup I'll be getting some more in for sure.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
Pete Moss View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
Avatar

Joined: March 26 2010
Location: Roy UT
Status: Offline
Points: 2114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 11:47am
I want 1050ma, not 1000ma! Angry

Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Oh, I'll be getting them again. I already have a source for them that is out of state. Once the temps warm up a bit and I get the new tank setup I'll be getting some more in for sure.


Did I ever give you my Idaho contacts?

Edited by Pete Moss - January 26 2015 at 11:48am
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Back to Top
Marcoss View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member
Avatar

Joined: November 23 2014
Location: American Fork
Status: Offline
Points: 1239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Oh, I'll be getting them again. I already have a source for them that is out of state. Once the temps warm up a bit and I get the new tank setup I'll be getting some more in for sure.

Dang, well, when you talk to your source can you bring some in for me. I will pay you beforehand.

I am fixated on something so dumb. 

Marcos
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Back to Top
Pete Moss View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
Avatar

Joined: March 26 2010
Location: Roy UT
Status: Offline
Points: 2114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

I am fixated on something so dumb. 

Marcos


Welcome to the hobby. You are now one of us.
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Pete Moss Pete Moss wrote:

I want 1050ma, not 1000ma! Angry

Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Oh, I'll be getting them again. I already have a source for them that is out of state. Once the temps warm up a bit and I get the new tank setup I'll be getting some more in for sure.


Did I ever give you my Idaho contacts?


Red faced over .050a? You might want to seek counseling! Why would you even care about that small amount of current? LED's live longer at less than full power.

No, you said you were going to but then never did. You kinda got wrapped up in gaming there for a while. Oh, that and lots of different girls. LOL


Edited by Krazie4Acans - January 26 2015 at 1:10pm
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
Pete Moss View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
Avatar

Joined: March 26 2010
Location: Roy UT
Status: Offline
Points: 2114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:


Red faced over .050a? You might want to seek counseling! Why would you even care about that small amount of current? LED's live longer at less than full power.

No, you said you were going to but then never did. You kinda got wrapped up in gaming there for a while. Oh, that and lots of different girls. LOL


The red face may have been a slight exaggeration of my emotions.

Can you blame me for choosing girls over zoanthid contacts?
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Back to Top
Marcoss View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member
Avatar

Joined: November 23 2014
Location: American Fork
Status: Offline
Points: 1239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 2:20pm
How does one go about getting contacts? I am new to this hobby, but really want to get stuff not carried in LFS. Do you get jumped in?

Thanks!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 2:30pm
Lots of internet searches, finding quality sellers on ebay and other auction sites. facebook and instagram have a ton also.Spending time at club meetings and with club members. They all lead to good contacts. Reef Fests have been really good for me to find new contacts at as well.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
Pete Moss View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
Avatar

Joined: March 26 2010
Location: Roy UT
Status: Offline
Points: 2114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 2:48pm
I found contacts by being always offering to help out, and giving the best deals I could to everyone. Friends in the hobby will do a lot more for you than enemies will.

I would never make an enemy Cool
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Back to Top
Marcoss View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member
Avatar

Joined: November 23 2014
Location: American Fork
Status: Offline
Points: 1239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 3:14pm
Anyone need any help? Lets see, I can operate a lawn mower and probably do some dishes. Ha.

Thanks for the advice! Great tips. I have been looking around on eBay and other auction sites for "rare" items but as a beginner its hard to tell what is rare and what is just cool looking. I guess I am mostly after beauty and uniqueness. I have found several people on eBay that are legit; they are confirmed accounts, offer guarantees, etc. but I have also read a lot of products can be lookalikes/imitation.

I have not seen any events to attend yet so its hard to meet people face to face. I saw some sort of banquet but I cannot find it again. 

I guess my first step is to be educated in what I really want. Any good databases that identifies each acan, zoa, etc.? For instance, you each have pictures of awesome acans, what source did you use to verify that those were really what they told you they were? Before you gained your knowledge.

Thanks!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Back to Top
Pete Moss View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
Avatar

Joined: March 26 2010
Location: Roy UT
Status: Offline
Points: 2114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Anyone need any help? Lets see, I can operate a lawn mower and probably do some dishes. Ha.

Thanks for the advice! Great tips. I have been looking around on eBay and other auction sites for "rare" items but as a beginner its hard to tell what is rare and what is just cool looking. I guess I am mostly after beauty and uniqueness. I have found several people on eBay that are legit; they are confirmed accounts, offer guarantees, etc. but I have also read a lot of products can be lookalikes/imitation.

I have not seen any events to attend yet so its hard to meet people face to face. I saw some sort of banquet but I cannot find it again. 

I guess my first step is to be educated in what I really want. Any good databases that identifies each acan, zoa, etc.? For instance, you each have pictures of awesome acans, what source did you use to verify that those were really what they told you they were? Before you gained your knowledge.

Thanks!

Marcos



I usually only worked with goldenbasket and woosaquatics on ebay. I never had anything die from either seller, and I shipped in the winter. Be aware that you will want to dip your corals, goldenbasket pulls some colonies from the wild, so pests and algae are hard to avoid. If you send them a private message they can sometimes give you deals on frag packs or larger purchases etc. Being a regular customer also helps.

We've gotten a little off topic...

So uhhh Krazy. How's the cube looking?

Edited by Pete Moss - January 26 2015 at 3:44pm
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Back to Top
Marcoss View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member
Avatar

Joined: November 23 2014
Location: American Fork
Status: Offline
Points: 1239
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 21px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>Pete Moss </span><span style=line-height: 16.7999992370605px;> Pete Moss  wrote:


I usually only worked with goldenbasket and woosaquatics on ebay. I never had anything die from either seller, and I shipped in the winter. Be aware that you will want to dip your corals, goldenbasket pulls some colonies from the wild, so pests and algae are hard to avoid. If you send them a private message they can sometimes give you deals on frag packs or larger purchases etc. Being a regular customer also helps.

We've gotten a little off topic...

So uhhh Krazy. How's the cube looking? 




Sorry about that.

Thanks!


Edited by Marcoss - January 26 2015 at 4:14pm
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 6:01pm
Cube is looking good.  Just a little gha that I'm fighting after the die off of all the Bryopsis. It's hard to run enough mechanical filtration on a small tank.  But it's getting better. I'll try and get some updated pics posted.  I also need to start a couple of new threads for my 40 breeder and my new 90.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: December 17 2012
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Points: 23411
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2015 at 12:16pm
Just realized. I haven't posted on this thread for 5 months! I should give an update. I have transfered everything from this tank into my other tanks (40b and 10g) in prep to take this system down and sell it. My new 90 is almost running and once that happens the 28g and 10g will be sold. Getting way too many tanks and not enough time. I need to start a new build thread for the 40b, which has been running since Oct, and the 90 which is about to get wet. I will update when the switch over happens.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.135 seconds.