Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The "Frags and Food" Fragfest was GREAT!! (PHOTOS)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Frags and Food" Fragfest was GREAT!! (PHOTOS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Frags and Food" Fragfest was GREAT!! (PHOTOS)
    Posted: May 08 2012 at 1:12pm
This is the event you've been waiting for. Our Frags and Food Frag Fest! Come check out hundreds of quality choice frags. There will be the super cool and hard to find exotic frags for you collectors, as well as great beginner corals. And we're not talking about little frags, these will be great sized frags for killer prices.

Once again members get HALF OFF ALL FRAGS!

Now not only are we doing a Fragfest we are also doing free hot dogs! Come out and get some cool frags as well as hot dogs as we kick off the summer in style! Who doesn't want coral frags and free food?

Thursday June 7th!

1. All paid WMAS members get 1/2 off the sticker price on frags!

2. Anyone who donates frags or corals to the frag fest gets a three minute head start on the sale! That's right, we open the sale early to everyone who has pitched in to make it happen, so you can get that awesome corals you've had your eye on! This is open for both WMAS members and guests!

3. You get to help support this awesome club so we can keep bringing you great meetings, guest speakers, raffle prizes and more!

Rose Garden Building

1602 East 2100 South

Salt Lake City, UT 84106

Edited by BobC63 - June 08 2012 at 10:53am
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Jeremyw View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 1:44pm
BAM there it is! WAHOO
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 6:38pm
It's going to be pretty awesome if I do say so myself!
Steve
180G Mixed Reef
130G Waterfall Tank
65G NPS
435-830-8855
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 4:10pm
I'm confused as to how this works. Are these frags that are donated to the organization and sold? Or will vendors be there selling too?  What about club members, will they be selling also?

Thanks,
Fat
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 8:25pm
Corals are donated to the club... and the club will be selling them.  Vendors and club members selling happens a couple times per year, but this isn't one of those meetings.  This is our huge frag sell.  We do this a couple times per year as a fundraiser to keep the club going strong.

Adam
Next Meeting: Garage Sale
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 12:45am
If a person wants to donate, should they bring it to the meeting or get with somebody beforehand?
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by McClure McClure wrote:

If a person wants to donate, should they bring it to the meeting or get with somebody beforehand?

Bring it to the meeting!
None at the moment
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 12:32pm
One week away! Next Thursday!
None at the moment
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 7:09pm
I hope to make it.  My tank won't be ready, but that's why I have so many... my backup tank will be able to keep them till the primary tank is ready.  LOL
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 10:07pm
Keep a eye out,  There might be a special raffle....
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
Eric@utahaquariumdoctors.com

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 11:00pm

So it starts at seven? I have never been to one  - do i just go in when it opens and look around? Sounds fun, just a bit confused

"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 11:02pm
Yes, just show up walk in
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
Eric@utahaquariumdoctors.com

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 11:04pm
And whats the deal about the meeting - do i hav to go to it, or is it just for the paid members or is it the same thing or what?
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by tfmreefs tfmreefs wrote:

And whats the deal about the meeting - do i hav to go to it, or is it just for the paid members or is it the same thing or what?

The frag fest is the meeting and it is open to everyone.
None at the moment
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 1:04am
And it's now three days away, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Fragday!
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 6:50am
What an awesome coincedence Thursday happens to be frag fest, payday, and my birthday.... looks like it was meant to be!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 8:26am
Since we have alot of new people lately - which is AWESOME Clap here are a few things to remember:

1) *** ALL *** WMAS monthly Meetings are OPEN TO EVERYONE - you DO NOT have to be a WMAS Paid Member to Attend!
This includes Events like our June Fragfest this Thursday, 06/07/12 Big smileBig smileBig smile 

2) ALL people who donate frags will get EARLY ADMITTANCE to the Fragfest before the general public - so you get first pick of the frags !!!

3) IF you are donating frags, please try to get there early (like 6:30 - 6:45 PM) so that we can get your frags out to the sale tables BEFORE we get started! Just look for any one of the WMAS Presidency Members to help you out - we all have nametags, so we are easy to spot!

4) WMAS Paid Members get ALL frags at HALF PRICE StarStarStar If you are not a Paid Member YOU CAN JOIN UP AT THE FRAGFEST and then YOU will get the HALF PRICE DEAL ClapClapClap 

5) We accept cash, checks and credit / debit cards for payment.

6) For the newbies (especially) - GET THERE EARLY!!! The frags will go fast!!!

Edited by BobC63 - June 06 2012 at 12:56pm
- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 11:47am
BUMP!

TOMORROW!

Don't forget your donations to get a head start on the frags! Everyone that ever donates always tell me that they didn't think it would be that big a deal . . . until they donate and realize that two min head start is a BIG DEAL! Make sure to donate to get in early!
None at the moment
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 12:26pm
I will donate

Linn
Pay it forward...
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 2:44pm
If theres anybody going from the ogden area and is willing to hold some stuff for me until I get feeling better let me know. I'm looking for some ricordias and some bright zoo's. I'm going in for a 2 level discectomy tomorrow and won't be able to attend frag fest. If anybody is willing let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic