Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Rimless frag tanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rimless frag tanks!
    Posted: January 23 2012 at 2:03am
I just finished building my 3rd new rimless frag tank! They are the same dimensions as my frag tanks that I built about 4 years ago that most of you have probably seen. But I'm going to do the overflow and plumbing quite different and I added an mp10 instead of the koralia nanos on the new frag tanks. I can't wait to get these up and running. They are going to be so much nicer then the tanks I have been using even though they are pretty similar to my old ones. I'll update with some pics soon. 
Chad.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 9:54pm
Got the stand finished and painted today. All except for the front door which I think I'm waiting to add later.

What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 10:02pm
And here is how the new frag tank and overflow turned out with the plumbing. I haven't added my gurgle busters yet but I'm going to add those tomorrow and put the tank on the stand and it should be running tomorrow!

shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 10:39pm
That's sweet I really like the tanks I have seen done by you.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 6:38am
Very nice. Clap
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 9:20am
Those look awesome Chad! Cant wait to see them up and running.
Time waits on no one
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 6:11pm
saweett!! I too can't wait to see them up and running.

Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 9:41pm
Looks sweet Chad, What LEDs are going over these guys now? the new mazarra?
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 10:48pm
I haven't decided on lighting yet. I kinda like the new ecotech Radion LEDs. They seem to light quite a bit more area but at double the wattage they better light more area! But i can also get the mazzara fixtures cheaper then i can get the radions so I dont know yet.

But here are some updated pics of the plumbing in my overflow and the tank on the stand (still no door yet). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out now if I just about 19 more of this same setup then I would be content for a minute!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic