Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Silicone Question??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silicone Question??
    Posted: January 20 2012 at 6:11pm
Im about to have some glass cut for the two braces im putting in on my 210, and im curious how big of a gap I need between the two pieces of glass for the best hold for the silicone?? Thanks for any help!
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2012 at 10:02pm
If you put pins or needles between the glass it makes for a really good hold. so it doesnt need to be a very big gap
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 7:46am
Make sure you use the right silicone! Hit Tyler up from Elite Aquatics and ask him which silicone to use I cant remember what its called right now lol
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 9:32am
Yeah, he took care of me and ordered it from grainger, and I just went and picked it up. I always have to bug him for this kind of stuff LOL
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 1:35pm
He loves anything to do with salt water Im sure your not buggin him!
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 9:22pm
Hey Preston, I always try and keep the gap at about 1/32" to 1/16" but 1/16 is a little on the thick side so try and keep it about 1/32".
Premium aquarium filtration!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic