Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally over for mofib?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally over for mofib?
    Posted: July 13 2011 at 12:51pm
Early reports today are that mofib may finally be collapsing. What a drama ridden site. It's like Fish Soap Opera and it may have finally run its course.

Of course MBI is still going on http://www.mbisite.org/ but it is weird to see such a large amount of effort in breeding go wasted in mofib.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 1:08pm
What is Mofib?
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

What is Mofib?

Marine Ornamental Fish & Invert Breeders Association
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 1:22pm
Great. Don't learn. LOL
It's a bunch of drama and people who love creating drama instead of breeding fish. If you are interested in breeding fish visit that mbi link above.

Adam
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Great. Don't learn. LOL
It's a bunch of drama and people who love creating drama instead of breeding fish. If you are interested in breeding fish visit that mbi link above.

Adam

For now I will just worry about keeping my fish and corals alive and healthy. No ambition to breed. Of course it would be cool one day if my snail eggs made it more then an hour on the tank glass.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 4:48pm
Well AWESOME news of course.... utahreefs now has our own breeding forum. This is great because as was being predicted the mofib group is soliciting anyone that will listen (and loves drama) to help save them.

I'm staying away from that train wreck. Thank goodness for this site.

Adam
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 4:57pm
I agree with you Adam. Mofib is not one of my favorite sites. I tend to look elsewhere :).
 Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 4:07pm
MOFIB? Man, I've been away and we now have a group called mofib?

sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 6:44pm
This thread seems to have been created to just create drama
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 9:00pm
I had that fear and almost didn't start the thread because I thought it may lead to drama.
But then again, seeing as how we have a good group of people really interested in breeding fish I thought they'd appreciate the updates. So far so good.

Adam
GentlemanBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by sanddune600 sanddune600 wrote:

This thread seems to have been created to just create drama

+1
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 11:56pm
Really? Having mofib was one of the reasons we never had our own breeding forum here. In the past we thought our members would just use that resource. And now with that collapse that was another good reason to set up a breeding forum here. I'd say it is a pretty relevant and important issue for some of our great club members. I get a lot of emails and I thought this was something I should pass along.

But no worries. We now have the breeding forum here so it is all sort of moot.

WILL- if you'd like to lock or delete this thread that is cool

Adam
NaplesAquatics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaplesAquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 11:22am
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm wondering what you guys may think of MOFIB now.  (Full Disclosure, I'm on the board).  I'd honestly like to hear what you think is right and wrong about MOFIB, and suggestions on how we can improve it.

Thanks,

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic