Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank photos (long awaited!!!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank photos (long awaited!!!)
    Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:31am

Well here they are at last, photos of my tank (if it works I've never done photo uploads this way before) from when the rock was curing to now aqauscaped/rockscaped. Well even though the title at the bottom says, I have a 100 gallon wavefront tank with a 30 gallon sump. As you can see in the stand photos steve and I reinforced the stand with 6-2x4's to prevent sagging and possible collapsing from the extra weight of the saltwater, sand, rock etc... There is an external pump (I dont know the name or size, but it works great!). I have to give due credit to Steve because he did all the plumbing and set the sump up as I sat behing watching in amazement and scratching my head and wondering how he was able to do what he did! I did stack the rock myself and swore several times at it when it didnt quite stack or go the way I wanted, but I am really happy with the way it turned out. I have a mixture of sand types from very fine to semi-coarse, and that is a mixture of I think fiji pink and a couple others which makes a gorgeous coloration. The rock is a variety of different live rock with lots of vitarock. My new light bulbs when they arrive tomorrow will be a mixture of ATI- purple plus, aquablue, and blue plus. Next week we will test the water to see if it compatible to sustain coral life and if that guinea pig of a coral survives next comes fish!!!

There it is, more pictures and updates coming soon!!!
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
Boston Terrier-Luna Piggy
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:33am
Oh yes and I forgot to mention the doors are under construction. I had a flood when this was freshwater and the doors swelled and are ugly on the bottom so they are in the process of being redone at the current moment.
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:40am
Glad you were able to finally put pics up! 

So for those who are interested in the details:

Pump is a PanWorld 200ps (1750gph)

The skimmer is a Coralife Super Skimmer 225 with meshmodded pump (soon to be replaced)

The 5 gallon bucket serves as a skimmer compartment keeping the water level steady to improve performance. The PVC pipes in the basket are a DIY bubble trap (much like what I had on my 65 Reef). We'll also be adding an external "display" fuge with mangroves and various macro algae that will be sunlight powered Big smile.

lighting will be with 54watt ATI bulbs like was mentioned above. Also coming in is a set of the new Koralia Evo controllable pumps which will provide extra flow and wavemaking to the tank, and a Coralife Turbo Twist UV.

Edited by CapnMorgan - April 13 2011 at 12:53am
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:56am
looks like it is coming together congrats.

where did you get those pod lookin rocks? are they that veda rock?
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 1:16am
The jar looking ones? Yes they are veda rock, I thought they would be great goby/blenny homes, if they will take to them.
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 1:19am
yea that was what i was thinkin,cool.
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 5:48am
Cool! cant wait to see it fill up with life
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic