Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One of those Days...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One of those Days...
    Posted: October 03 2010 at 5:17pm
Well, many of you haven't seen or heard from me on here for a while.  I (much like everyone else) have been super busy and just haven't had the time.  Well between school/new baby/work there isn't much time left over for the tank.   On a request of someone for a piece of coral, I made my way to my neglected frag tank.  Over the past 4-5 months the tank has turned from a frag tank to a coral reef because I haven't had the time to cut things back and everything has been growing like crazy.   I would like to say that I have checked and maintained all the levels of my tank over the past month since the baby was born, but then I wouldn't be Crappy Reef Member #2. 

Anyway, I took this picture for a member on this forum just a few days ago

If you look closely in the top left side of the picture you can see were the green slimmer has touched the baby blue-tipped stag and begun to RTN.  I personally didn't notice this until the next day when I was looking at the photo.   I went down to my frag tank only to find that the RTN had spread like wildfire throughout the tank.  Hopefully the RTN has run its course for now.

Now I have a pile of coral as a reminder that I need to spend a little more time with my tanks.  Luckily I only have a few more weeks of school before I am finished.

On the bright side, I no longer am running out of space. 

Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:07pm
Nice looking corals. For being busy (and knowing that this doesn't happen magically without doing anything) you have done some nice work!

Someday, I hope to be able to keep SPS like this to frag and share. But that will have to wait until I can keep it alive in my main tank. Tongue
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:20pm
are all of those sps on the bag dead?
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

are all of those sps on the bag dead?

Yes...Cry

Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:45pm
how much for slimmer frags?
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 3:49pm
wow thats a shame i feel terrible just losing a soft coral, cant imagine how it feels to lose SPS colonies
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Laird Laird wrote:

how much for slimmer frags?

dead or alive?  j/k

I sell the slimmer frags for $10 an inch (from my main tank), but I do have a few mini-colonies that I might be able to sell when I know everything is done dying.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic