Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Score From Marine Aquatics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Score From Marine Aquatics
    Posted: November 06 2004 at 10:25pm
What do y'all think of this gem!!

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2004 at 10:45pm

Dan, That is way nice, Eric told me you got one. How is the Achillies doing?

I heard he is really nice also.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 10:15am
That is awesome !
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 11:06am
Don't let Ich get to your Achilles Tang.  (Sniff!)  Adam told me they are kind of susceptible.  Thin skin, I think he said.
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 11:15am
The achille's is sweet.. Yeah I know about the ick action.. He has micro scales like all the other ancanthuras genus fish (Powder brown, Powder blue, Parancanthuras (Hippo)) It's crazy because it comes and go's like mad.. I cranked up the ozone and so far so good.. he's a pig and he's huge.. Deffinatly a SHOW quality fish..
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 11:39am

Dan that is sweet  im glad your happy with them thanks for the help

un packing the other night aswell..

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 11:55am
What other sweet stuff did you get, Eric? 
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Riley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 12:09pm
I know the 70 # of new fiji branch that I picked up yesterday from them looks awsome, I cant wait to set up the new tank.   The pic didnt show for me but I know they got a sweet chevron tang in
Riley     Herriman
H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 5:22pm

Eric and Arjen brought back some great stuff, I picked this up, its gotta be 8 inches across when extended.

Great prices as well.

thanks guys!

Randy

210 gallon glass aquarium
90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 3:20pm
How much did ya pay for the carpet anenome? If you don't mind me asking? I have been wanting to get one for a while now. Do you have have clowns that host in it? Do you know if regular false clowns will host in it? I've seen clarkii's in them all the time, but my wife is attached to our two clowns. Have you had any problems so far with it eating anything in your tank?
H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 5:33pm

PMPT,

70.00, I have one clown, but he hasn't moved over to it yet, he hangs around a green tipped bubble.

He hasn't eaten anything yet, I have one peppermint cleaner shrimp that dances over it all the time, I think he is just asking to get eaten.

Eric tells me that if you feed them twice a week they won't eat any of my fish. I have been trying to get the carpet to eat some Krill.

Any one have any tricks to get them to eat? How do you hold the Krill until they take it

randy

90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 5:45pm

Try silversides. My anemones always take silversides. Just remember to cut them down to 3/4" or smaller pieces. I have heard (but not experienced) that anemones can have issues trying to eat larger pieces.

H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 6:21pm
thanks Shane, I will give it a try
90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 7:37am
Thanks for the info H200. I've always wanted a carpet anenome. Hopefully your clown will go into it. Good luck feeding him. Keep me updated on whats going on.
kethomps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kethomps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 7:59am
I hope it's ok to mention a pet store.  If not someone delete this. 

Fish-4-u has frozen silversides that are smaller.  They are the perfect size once they thaw.  Both my fw and sw prefer them over the large silversides commonly sold.
210g sw fish
West Jordan
H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 4:54pm

Slurp.....

Two pieces gone in a flash!

Sliversides did the trick, thanks Shane

Kethomps, thanks for the tip, the package I picked up today are quite big, they look like they should be on the end of my fishing hook!

thanks everyone

randy

90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 6:02pm
Kethomps, of course it's okay to mention a pet store.  We do it all the time.  I think most of us want to support the Local Fish Stores (LFS).  They're fantastic!  They buy the stuff that feeds our addictions...  
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
lex0219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lex0219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 7:16pm
hey renee want to support my walleti am running a little dry...ok ok it is a barron dessert! come on anyone
"I will search until i find my happily ever after"-renee

tanks
10 gal dwarf
30 gal fw
10 gal nano reef
12 gal nano cub

The Air Force is where it is!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic