Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Field Trip Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:25pm
There`are a couple. I'm trying to determine which would be best for a harvest party.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
dlaclo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlaclo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:57pm
god i would love to go but i am only available on the 20th tomarrow
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 12:43am
I need sand and rock for my 90.  I don't have a cd player or a radio! Cry Are you making me ride by myself?
Cecil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cecil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 8:48am
  I went to antelope Island last week on a scout trip with my son.  We stayed on a beach with Utah sand so pure you hardly have to wash it (don't tell Mark Peterson).  I then found a mound of Utah rock on the side of the road with pieces so big it would take two people to carry.
The sad part is antelope Island is a state park and I am sure it is unlawful to remove it.  If anyone can find out if we can take it or not I know the spot.  You could leave your ATV and 4 wheel drive at home.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 11:08am
I would not recomend takeing it out of the park side. One of the harvest points is driveable with out 4wd as long as it hasent rained. One is up a steep climb that would be much easier with a 4wd or quad
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 2:42pm
Dion..Looks like I will be joining all of you on this collecting trip. I do need to have an address where to meet and what time on the 28th.
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 3:43pm
I would also like to nkow where to meet or where to go what ever will be the shorts route for me to go thanks
out with the large and in with the nano
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 7:57pm
What do we think about the weather? DO we want to meet at my house? or somewhere else?
W. Nut
210 Gallon Reef with Fish
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502
Barracuda Sequence Reeflo Pump
Lights.... Camera... Action
slcfishead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slcfishead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 8:37am
Hey all:

If there's room for more, I could use more rock for my 45 gal. I'm still wary of using utah rock in my tank, but I'll get over it. Savings, yeah! I'll drive my own car and listen to my tunes.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 4:19pm
I will update this tonight.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:25am
Ok . Tomorrow morning. 8AM at the 2nd grantsville exit off of I-80. Exit # 84. Dont forget buckets, shovels, gloves and a good attitude. Let me know if there are any questions.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:27am
What do you think PICKENSW?
Bad "censored" Cabinets
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 9:09am
Can't wait to put a face to all the usernames! I will see you at 8am!

Will
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 2:06pm
Drive safe!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
fj40fax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fj40fax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by john hill john hill wrote:

I would also like to nkow where to meet or where to go what ever will be the shorts route for me to go thanks

There is a scenic way to get out there, but the freeway is the fastest.  I-15 to I-80 West.
Fax 318-3632
90g 2x250W 14kK MH
Sump, Fuge, G3, UV, O3, ACIII
Pleasant Grove, UT Across State Street from the Purple Turtle
Adjustments and Massages for Frags!
fj40fax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fj40fax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 4:09pm
How long will it take to get out there from 72nd south and I-15?
Fax 318-3632
90g 2x250W 14kK MH
Sump, Fuge, G3, UV, O3, ACIII
Pleasant Grove, UT Across State Street from the Purple Turtle
Adjustments and Massages for Frags!
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 6:42pm
Do you have a map?  My wife was going to go with me but she said that if she goes rock hunting this weekend then the trip to Idaho the following weekend is out of the question.  I like her company on long trips to Meridian and Boise, so I have to depend on my son in law to go with me tomorrow.  He is not a morning person and thinks 8:00 is too early.  Little did he know that I was planning on picking him up before 7:00.  But if we don't make it there by 8:00, are you going to the Broken Arrow intersection then turning right?  I will try to be there by 8:00 in my little beat up blue Ford Ranger 4X4.  If not, if you tell me where you are going I will try to find you.
WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 5:41am
I just got called into work! Oh bother!
W. Nut
210 Gallon Reef with Fish
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502
Barracuda Sequence Reeflo Pump
Lights.... Camera... Action
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 12:51pm
Dion... It was nice to meet you and your wife. Sorry no one else showed up I did find a mound which had larger size. I did find a shelf which was about 8X12. I also found the sand which was mostly dry and pretty clean.

Chris..I hope you found the spot.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 1:39pm
Thumbs%20Up
Bad "censored" Cabinets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic