Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 200 Plus Gallon put together thread!*update 5/11*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

200 Plus Gallon put together thread!*update 5/11*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 200 Plus Gallon put together thread!*update 5/11*
    Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:40pm
So we bought a tank. Which supposedly was 280 gallons. it is actually more like 200 gallons. apparently the guy measured wrong. It is 4 ft by 3ft by 25 inches tall.

So first off we moved my 72 bowfront from my linoleum floor into the living room where my 45 tall used to be. The 45 was torn down and the bowfront was reset up. We are waiting until it goes through it's mini cycle to put the fish and corals back in

Next we had to set up the stand in the old 72 spot. Keys to a good stand.

*must hold tank
*must hold two dogs and sump

Edited by cl2ysta1 - May 11 2008 at 8:57pm
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:45pm

picture of the tank on the stand

bangaiis hanging out in their temporary home.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:52pm
That is going to be a gorgeous tank and be easy to aquascape too. Thanks for posting pictures. Keep us updated on this too.

Mike

EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 11:15pm
wow thats going to be unbelievable....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 11:31pm
How exciting.  Keep us posted with the progress.  Your dogs remind me of my cats.  They have to "help" with everything we do.

Deb
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 12:20am
I will definetly keep everyone updated. we are planning to go get salt tomorrow to make up the initial water (we are looking at about two buckets just to get it running) We also have to go and get a 2" bulkhead from somewhere b/c the guy had to cut it off when he took it apart. he couldnt get it undone. So hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we will have it running with water.

we were originally planning on putting my 40 breeder in there as a refugium, but since the tank was only 3" deep instead of 4" we now don't have enough room for it. anyone have any ideas? i was thinking of just doing a rubbermaid container. they are easy to drill and i don't really need to see in it. even if i did i could go the clear route.

hopefully the weather is good we are in the middle of a snow storm! we have like 4 inches of snow right now on the ground.
this is a good bad weather project though!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 4:55pm
Crystal, I have more than one bucket of Reef crystals if you want it.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 6:57pm
i still want a few buckets i just dont know when they'll have me up there again. i ended up having to stay here for work. hopefully i'll be up there in the next month!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 10:32pm
Crystal, that is just too funny!!!!!  Those look like well trained kidsLOL  Rocky Mountain power is going to love you!  Keep the pictures coming....

Edited by Gahlenfr - December 21 2007 at 10:33pm
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:09pm
Well after a long two days of hooking up plumbing and getting enough water made things are finally starting to fall into place.

The 72 is all back together and the fish are loving the new rockwork
the big tank cycling with water
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:17pm
Geo Skimmer
OM 4 way
all the returns
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:23pm
look how ripley!!!
front view of rockwork
side view of rockwork
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:27pm
tank shot. we are going to work on skinning the stand today. hopefully all goes well!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:48pm
Looks great Crystal. It makes me want to build another systemWink
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 3:09pm
yeah its a blast! hah!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 3:55pm
Holy !@#$, i love that setup! Nice job.

Awesome dogs too
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 3:57pm
thanks!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 3:59pm
I'm loving the new rock work too!

It really does look Ripley. Believe it or not!

Mike

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 5:56pm
Very nice rockwork on both tank.  The plumbing job is awesome too.
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 7:09pm
thanks for all the comments. hopefully tomorrow i'll have pictures of the beginning of the stand skinning ;)
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic