Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nemo movie question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nemo movie question
    Posted: February 03 2007 at 7:47pm
So after watching Finding Nemo for the umpteenth time with my daughter, Mr. Ray says "...and lets keep our esoouphogeal ganglicans? to ourselves." What is he talking about?  I'm sure it's something simple. 
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 8:16pm
Do you mean esophageal ganglions?

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 11:36pm
I'm going to take a shot at this.  The esophageal Ganglion is a part of the upper digestive tract. (In the Esopagous area.)  So in other words Mr. Ray was saying, "Don't eat any of your friends, please."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 8:06pm
Okay, it's "supersophogeal ganclicans" or something thereabout.
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 9:01pm
Huh.

I thought me meant fins.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 9:08pm

Supraesophageal ganglion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The supraesophageal ganglion (insect brain) is the first part of the insect central nervous system. It receives and processes information from the first, second, and third metameres. The supraesophageal ganglion lies dorsal to the esophagus and consists of three parts: the protocerebrum, the duetocerebrum, and the tritocerebrum. The lobes of the tritocerebrum split to circumvent the esophagus and begin the subesophageal ganglion. The subesophageal ganglion continues the nervous system and lies ventral to the esophagus. Finally, the segmental ganglia are found in each body segment as a fused ganglion and they provide the segments with some autonomous control.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 9:10pm
Sounds like you know exactly where in the movie to go for the quote. Where can I find it?

Greenanemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenanemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 9:47pm
Has anyone turned on the Closed Captions yet?

Ryan
Nobody is perfect! I'm a nobody!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 10:28pm
Nope. I'd have to get the movie back from my daughter first.

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 10:33pm

I thought they were like vocal cords... like saying please keep quiet.Confused But now I have no idea.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 8:30am
It's right after Mr. Ray takes off with his "class" on his back, before Marlin learns that they're going to the dropoff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 10:16am
Ok. Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 6:07pm
My thoughts are along the same lines as Will's, but I never was sure.
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 7:47pm

"The supraesophageal ganglion is a similar to our forebrain. It serves a central, integrative, and cognitive function. It recedes information from the optic nerves and other sensory nerves. The subesophageal ganglion is star shaped and is similar to our hind brain. It has a basic motor function, controlling reflexes and automatic functions"(http://cripticspage.com:1991/tarantula/tarant-5.htm)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 8:15pm
Thanks Tresa!

samchn07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samchn07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 4:59am
yes, exactly they should not to be even selfish by themselves. it is just to keep each of them safe in the movie . .!

Sam Chn
Jacksmom75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacksmom75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 8:56am
When Mr. Ray says, "Optical orbits up front, and remember, we keep our supraesophageal ganglion to ourselves."  He's saying, "Eyes up front, and remember, we keep our hands to ourselves."   

Supraesophageal ganglion (to simplify) are parts of the insect nervous system associated with sensory/feeling information.   

There are 3 parts of the supraesophageal ganglion: the protocerebrum, which processes sensory information from the optic lobe; the protecerebrum, which processes sensory information from the antennae; and the tritocerebrum, which integrates sensory information from both.  

Mr. Ray couldn't say, "we keep our fins to ourselves" because not every student has fins; i.e. Pearl.  
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 10:08am
Ha ha, what an awesome thread to bring up. Super cool.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Sappho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sappho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 6:03pm
yo, bruh, u came back less than 10 years later 4 a reply, how do u feel? 🎤
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic