Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LFS forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LFS forums
    Posted: October 25 2007 at 5:53pm
I've noticed on a few local reef websites as well as reefcentral that they give each LFS or supporter of the club their own forum to ask questions and post their specials. I thought this might of be of interest to put out there. It could work well for the club to get money from supporters and for club members to get extra info and ask questions.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:13pm
I think that is a really cool idea! Thumbs%20Up
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:15pm
Me Too!!LOL
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 9:15am
My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. Plus - would we include all of the stores (home based and brick and mortar)?
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 9:19am
Originally posted by ssilcox ssilcox wrote:

My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. 

I didn't think of that and we don't need anymore bashing...lfs or otherwise.   Good point ssilcox.
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 10:42am
Oh, yeah, I forgot that "little incident" a couple months ago.  That is a good point Shane.  I still think it is a good idea, but it opens up a big can of worms too.  If  it happens I would say to include all of the businesses.

210 gallon Mixed Reef
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 2:11pm

My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. Plus - would we include all of the stores (home based and brick and mortar)?

I don't know why this would give a reason for someone to bash a fish store?  If someone wants to and I know it has happened they can do it now, but I don't know why a forum would make it worse.  It is a valid point and maybe the forum sponser can be the moderator to delete any posts they don't want and take them to pms.

I would say anyone who wants to pay/donate some sort of set sponsorship to the club would get their own forum.  Maybe set it so that the donation happens every year if they want their forum?
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 3:09pm
Before beginning, it would be wise to include a rule about no bashing the stores in the forums. Maybe this would help?
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
trunks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trunks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2007 at 7:36pm

Their are ways to solve that. Besides, you need to give the users more credit. They should be able to tell the difference between constructive criticism and bashing. If not, you always have moderation.

BTW, I am much more interested in bashing establishmentarianism than local fish stores. LOL

Edited by trunks - October 27 2007 at 7:37pm
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:52am
This idea was discussed in detail at our last presidency meeting. We agreed that there is not enough traffic from our LFS to warrant the addition of a forum for each.

The presidency would love to see the LFS post more often and expand their presence on our message board and at our meetings. We appreciate those LFS stores that support the club and encourage members to reciprocate by visiting supporting stores.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:21am
I don't want to bash LFSs but it would be nice to see people's opinion of stores. It is how the free market works. Where do I find this info?
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:36am
why not set up a positive rating system?  Anyone who has had a good experience at a LFS can post it, and that store gets a point added to their rating.  No negatives at all, but those stores who provide exceptional/great customer service will get positive feed back. 

Draw backs to this might be the smaller stores that have less traffic, and people trying to place repetitive positives, so limit each person to one voter per quarter?

Then you can just look at the stores with a rating and know if any close to you have great service.
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MadReefer MadReefer wrote:

I don't want to bash LFSs but it would be nice to see people's opinion of stores. It is how the free market works. Where do I find this info?

You can search each stores name or pm those who you trust. Getting into an opinion poll on the board would not benefit the stores or the club. Any drama that has been played out can be found but rarely is koodo's. Trying to set up a rating system would require a ton of work and again it would have more negatives than bonuses. Check the star for supporting LFS's. Thats a pretty good indication. (but not always)

Want my opinion? I would be happy to give it. Send me a Pm.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic