Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quarantine Reef Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PBJreef View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBJreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarantine Reef Project
    Posted: January 05 2021 at 9:51pm
Hello!! I am excited to share the progress on my new 90g rimless tank build.  I previously (~7yrs ago) had a successful 220g reef, but this is the first time I have planned, plumbed and cycled a new tank and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself!! Embarrassed

I hope you like it and I would love to hear your feedback or suggestions.

We have lived in our home for almost two years and there is a built-in entertainment center for a large TV, but we don't watch TV, so the space has gone unloved until now:

The challenge was finding juuuust the right tank and stand to fit in this predetermined space without having to take any of it apa rt. I looked at many and ended up finding the PERFECT fit in almost the exact same stain (Thank you Rusty!)😁

Will add more tomorrow......plumbing, hidden tank room etc! 

Drew & Kolleen
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2021 at 1:10pm
Looking good!
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2021 at 7:49am
Cool!
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
PBJreef View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBJreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 3:58pm
OK, so I may have gotten slightly distracted with life and forgot to finish my thread here. Oops! Here are some pics of the build, cabinet and tank 2.5 mos later Tongue

Storage closet turned into a water room - plumbed through the wall for easy water changes!!

The left side is the "wet side" where I have my ATO reservoir, my python water change system, fragging supplies, nets etc and the right side is the "dry side" for my Apex controller, light controller and all things electrical Smile

And viola....the tank during the day!

And the tank at night looking like a glow in the dark bowling alley! LOL.

Fishes: two ocellaris clownfish (Fish and Chip), two purple firefish (Jack and Sally), blue hippo tang (Betty Blue), Tomini tang (Tom), lawnmower blenny (Toro), midas blenny (Casper), Pink Fairy wrasse (Pinkerbelle), yellow watchman goby (Walter), cleaner wrasse (Juice), cleaner shrimp (Redd), purple tang (Sarg).

Thanks for looking and I would love any suggestions or comments you might have! Big smile

Drew & Kolleen
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2021 at 7:39am
I love it!

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic