Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

911 / My Zen Aquarium is not so zen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 911 / My Zen Aquarium is not so zen
    Posted: December 20 2018 at 6:15pm
i don't know where else to perhaps find someone.  All the business that say they provide aquarium maintenance and 911 services all seem not to be in business.  I do not have a salt water aquarium.  I do have a fresh water 120 gallon aquarium that use to have goldfish in it but they all died.   I don't know why.  The snails are thriving, and so is the algae.  I really want this zen aquarium vision of mine to work out especially in the new year.  So, can someone please come help me determine what went wrong, how to fix the problem, and teach me how to take care of my aquarium better for fancy goldfish?  I just find them so cute and fun to watch.  It should not be this hard. They are cold water fish that can live in bowls for goodness sakes! 

I am willing to pay for the help.  Just name your price.  I can be reached via text at 801-875-5233.  I live in downtown Salt Lake City.

Cheers,
Keightley  
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2018 at 6:33pm
Hit up Chad with Upgrade your reef. I am sure he could help you out
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2018 at 10:10pm
Do you know someone with a tank that's just like you want?
Examples?
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2018 at 10:57pm
@Adam ....  My vision is based on aquaponics.  The way I have it set up now is water is taken out of the tank and flows into a canister filter.  The outtake is in a planter box above the tank.  The planter box is full of lava rock with Peace Lily and then flow back into the tank with the hope that it has been through the entire nitrogen cycle.  There are two planter boxes and each planter box has a canister paired with it. The sponges in the canister and the lava rock contain the bacteria to convert ammonia to nitrite and nitrites into nitrogen.  Then the plants feed off the nitrogen.  And of course the gold fish provide the ammonia.  

Here is a picture of the tank a few days after I stocked it.  I am thinking the issue might be with the river rocks leaching minerals in the water that the goldfish could not handle yet the snails could.  Or, maybe a disease came to the tank when I added the snails. i didn't quarantine them after all.  I knew better.  My bad.  And it could be as simple as not doing enough water changes.   In any case, I need help getting this back up and running.  I don't want to spend days doing it. 

So I am willing to pay for that help as I don't have family or friends here in Utah.  Anyone willing to show me some charity and grace to help me with this, I will be very grateful and will be as generous as I can for the help.  

Keightley 

Zen Buddha Goldfish Aquarium

WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2018 at 1:56pm
I’ve read about this type of filtering process before and it works really well. Let me do some more research and I will try and give you a call tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic