Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Emergency tank leak. I need help if anybody can
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emergency tank leak. I need help if anybody can

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency tank leak. I need help if anybody can
    Posted: September 04 2018 at 10:33am
Hey all

I know a lot of you guys don't know me, but I'm having an emergency and don't know quite what to do. As lick would have it, yesterday I broke my hip and am in the hospital. I'll be here for three days at least. Went it rains it pours. While I'm in the hospital, my children call me and tell me the ceiling is fallign apart from water damage. After trying to figure out what's causing the damage we found out my tank has sprung a leak. So my dilemma is I had some friends who are not fish people clamp the tank temporarily, but I have no circulation. I have an airstone in there. I don't know if there is anyone willing to come grab my corals and fish before they die. If that's a possibility and anyone is willing to to do that I would really appreciate that. You can call me at 8013189706. I have surgery at 5 today. I'll be at the hospital a few days at least. I don't know what's going to happen to my fish

Here's a list of my fish

PS. I'm a little loopy from medication so some of these names might not be exact

Majestic angel large
Yellow angel
Yellow Tang
Orange shoulder Tang
Blue Tang
Atlantic Tang
Two wrasses
Four green chromas
One yellow Gobi
Mated pair of goldbar maroon clowns

Four anemones
Bunch of soft misc leathers
Green bubble anemone
100 lbs of rock

Thanks for even reading this
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 4:42pm
Man, I wish my tank was ready. :/ Best of luck with everything.
210 gallon Mixed Reef
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 11:25am
I have a 55 that is not being used. Has no filter and needs cleaning. I can’t do anything until I get home from work. Let me know and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 11:47am
Just an update. We shared this post on our Facebook page and a bunch of people jumped in to help him out.

His corals and livestock are safe and there are some plans being worked for getting the leaking tank fixed or replaced.

So for now I think things are sorted.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 2:48pm
Thank you everyone. I can't even believe the outreach I got
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 2:50pm
does anybody know of anybody that would be willing to repair this tank or know anybody that builds custom tanks that could take this apart and redo it it's a custom size tank so I really don't want to have to go buy a new one just cuz it's got a leak to Starfire tank let me know
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 2:59pm
I would call Eric
I'll message you his number
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 3:13pm
I don't think he's interested in doing but I'll give him a call
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic