Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RO/DI Water Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RO/DI Water Question
    Posted: May 27 2017 at 6:10pm
So, call me crazy but I am thinking of going to the dark side to a marine aquarium.  If you have read my other post, you know I am freshwater gal.  But I now want the best of both worlds!  Anyway...

I live in an apartment of which I do not have any plans on moving any time soon.  I don't own a vehicle so going to the LFS for RO/DI water is not feasible. Can you get RO/DI water in a LFS here in Salt Lake?  I don't even know!  LOL  So, who do I get to install one under my kitchen sink?  And once it is installed, can I place the tube with the clean water directly into my tank after I remove some water during a water change?  My tank will be very near the sink.  My tank that I am thinking about doing Salt Water is 110 gallons. A 20% water change is about 20 gallons.  I don't have room for a 20 gallon holding tank.  

Also, can I use the system to purify my tap water to make better drinking water?  I would love to get ride of my Brita Water Filter container.  It takes up too much space in my fridge!  LOL

Keightley  
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 8:11pm
Sorry guys. This is practically a double post. And I don't know how to delete this one. When I attempted to post the last one, it told me I was posting spam and that my post was cancel.   

Edited by keightley - May 27 2017 at 8:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic