Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

attaching pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reefdupinidaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefdupinidaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: attaching pictures
    Posted: March 01 2016 at 9:58am
how do you attach a picture in a thread?
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 12:32pm
There are several ways to do it, here's 1:

1. Save the picture somewhere on your computer (or phone) where you can find it.
2. Click the arrow icon.

3. Click the arrow pointing to the picture icon and it will bring a popup window.

4. Click choose file and select the picture you want to upload. It will then bring up this window. Click ok.

5.After it loads, it will take you back to the first popup window. Hit canel.
6. If all went well, you will see in the message box your file name surrounded by [IMG][/IMG].

And that's it. When you hit post, your picture should be there. Sometimes there are problems uploading images and it will give you an error that the file has already been uploaded. If it does that, you need to change the name of the file (save it as a different name) and try again.

I personally find all that a little tedious and so I upload all my pictures to photobucket. Photobucket has a share icon which copies a link you can put in the message window and it link it back to the photo. The downside is if you ever move the picture in photobucket, the link is broken and the picture won't show anymore.

Edited by Hogie - March 01 2016 at 12:33pm
reefdupinidaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefdupinidaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

There are several ways to do it, here's 1:

1. Save the picture somewhere on your computer (or phone) where you can find it.
2. Click the arrow icon.

3. Click the arrow pointing to the picture icon and it will bring a popup window.

4. Click choose file and select the picture you want to upload. It will then bring up this window. Click ok.

5.After it loads, it will take you back to the first popup window. Hit canel.
6. If all went well, you will see in the message box your file name surrounded by [IMG][/IMG].

And that's it. When you hit post, your picture should be there. Sometimes there are problems uploading images and it will give you an error that the file has already been uploaded. If it does that, you need to change the name of the file (save it as a different name) and try again.

I personally find all that a little tedious and so I upload all my pictures to photobucket. Photobucket has a share icon which copies a link you can put in the message window and it link it back to the photo. The downside is if you ever move the picture in photobucket, the link is broken and the picture won't show anymore.
thanks
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 1:16pm
Hogie gave a good answer.
Also, if the pic has already been uploaded, all you have to do is find it on the list and click on it and you're done. I name my pic files with something I can remember, like the item pictured or the date of the pic of my tank, etc. 

This comes up so often that the last time a good answer was given I posted the link right at the top of the list of Reefkeeping Tips. Go to that link below in my signature line. There is so much good info there that reefupinidaho will learn a lot and may want to bookmark it.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic