Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fragging Softies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 12:55am
The easiest way to attach them to a rock is slide a tooth pick or for larger pieces use a bamboo skewer through the stalk and use glue to attach one end of the skewer to a rock while it holds the base of the coral to the rock. After a week or 2 break the glue and slide the smooth side of the skewer out of the coral.No need to fuss with string or rubber bands. I frag my nepthia and always attach it this way and have never had any issues. Best way to cut it is a sharp pair of scissors then you dont even have to remove them from your tank. A quick snip here and there and your done . I have cut stalks over an inch before this way . 

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 8:37am
Aloha,

That is a beautiful reef. Thanks for the wonderful video.

I agree with Akira.

I would not cut all the stalks at once. That would shock not only the coral, but the entire tank. The toxins from those cuts could seriously bother the tank. Be sure to place new Activated Carbon in the system before major cutting such as this. AC removes the toxins and saves a water change. (BTW, that coral is correctly classified as Sinularia.)

I would be interested in buying all the Green Sinularia (unmounted) and/or trade for bulk AC. Also happy to come pick it up and see your tank in person.

Mahalo,
Mark Hug
808-345-1049 call/text/visit anytime

Edited by Mark Peterson - January 05 2014 at 8:44am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Riverton_Ten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 10:06pm
If you have any sinularia/nephthia left over from your trimming, I would love to get some for my nearly empty 29 gal biocube. 

Let me know!

- Daniel
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 9:25am
Hey Daniel,

I have beautiful green Sinularia for you, free!

Aloha,
Mark,
808-345-1049

Edited by Mark Peterson - December 23 2016 at 9:27am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic