Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

diamond gobies laying eggs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diamond gobies laying eggs
    Posted: November 28 2013 at 12:42pm
My smaller diamond goby kinda disappeared for a while, I saw him a couple of times for a split second, but they two gobies had dug and built a goby condo under a rock structure.  The other day he came out of the hole and pulled out two weblike blobs with eggs in them.  My wife did a search on the internet and the pictures were exactly what he pulled out of the hole.  So I guess I have a pair of diamond gobies breeding.  I rescued the egg sacks, since other fish want to eat them an dput them in my refugium so they are safe, and if by any chance they hatch, they are in with the cheato and all the rotifers/pods.

Anyone ever raise any of these?  Any hints or help?  Anyone else ever had them pair up and make babies?

Mac
A Reef Oasis View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Reef Oasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2013 at 1:17am
The eggs will need to tumbled
You will .need a round black tub to raise the larva in. Need small strain rotifers for first food.

Snowwhire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowwhire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2014 at 4:43pm
Cool!
Marie
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 3:45pm
Were you able to raise any of these?
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 4:23pm
nope.  never really tried, I didn't have the equipment to raise them.  I am about to sell/trade the larger of the gobies.  The small one jumped out last night it is dead.  My wife got some brain corals and some stuff she wanted IN the sand, which is almost impossible with a diamond goby.
Aquarium Creations 300 gallon tank
Stand by Dion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic