Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August 2012 TOTM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August 2012 TOTM
    Posted: July 31 2012 at 10:29pm

The Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society proudly presents the August 2012 Tank Of The Month:

Edited by BobC63 - August 04 2012 at 1:48pm
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2012 at 9:31pm

Edited by BobC63 - August 04 2012 at 8:16am

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2012 at 8:28am
A few other things you should know about Asad and his Reef:

- Water changes of around 25 g per month

- He does not dose (or even test for) Mag Shocked 

- No GFO or other phosphate remover is used

- The 3 foot depth (front to back) of his Cube gives an incredible depth of field; with a normal rectangular tank, you don't see tanks that deep - unless  they are 300 to 400 gallons plus in volume!

- most of his SPS coral colonies are about baseball to softball size; I could not count how many there are (easily over 100 different SPS)

- Asad has been in the hobby for many years - and is one of the nicest, most humble guys you will ever meet. He thinks his tank is just "pretty OK..."

Well, Asad... we at WMAS think it is FANTASTIC!!!  ClapClapClap

Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 8:42am
Mature looking reef! Lots of variety and color! I love the depth of cubes! Congrats!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 8:14am
Thanks Bob for spending the time to take these great pictures. I am honored and humbled to have been picked as TOTM. My doors are always open to peopel who want to come check it out and talk salt water :)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic--Arthur C. Clarke
SKYLAR89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKYLAR89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2012 at 11:52am
I saw this tank in person it's awesome!
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2012 at 4:41am
Asad was the first person I met in person on this forum. As Bob stated he is very humble and always a pleasure to chat with and I consider myself fortunate to have been in his home on several occasions . But no matter how many times I visit every time i see his tank Im awed at how much I didnt see the last time. Thanks for always helping and cant wait to see what you do next !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic