Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60g Cube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 4:59pm
Thank you knowen. 

I dose b ionic two-part once a week along with foundation magnesium. Algae grows so well in my sump that I only have a little hair algae in one low flow area in a back corner of my tank. Nothing I'm concerned about as it's localized and doesn't interfere with any of my corals.
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2020 at 2:01pm
I got a rare glimpse of my pistol/goby pair hard at work today. Normally, they skitter back into their hole the second I get near the tank. However, this time the goby kept his eye on me (never flinching), and allowed the pistol to continue working for nearly 10 minutes. The quality of the video is not great, but at the 1:55 and 3:55 mark you can see some unique behavior as the pistol clears a hermit and nassarius snail that was in the way.

Hope you enjoy this rare glimpse of my favorite tank inhabitants. My water is always cloudy because of this guy digging, but I would never get rid of this pair. The symbiotic behavior they display is simply fascinating.

Note, the first 1 minute of the video is rough, until I tweaked the zoom and angle a bit. The ability to see what is going on gets significantly better at the 1 minute mark.

60g LPS Cube
08TRDOFFROAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 08TRDOFFROAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 11:34am
Where did you pick up the tank and stand from? Been considering starting a new tank and a 60 gal cube seems to fit the bill.
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2020 at 9:32am
I purchased my tank directly from CAD Lights web site. They shipped it freight straight to my house. The stand was difficult to put together, but for the price, I'm pretty pleased with the whole setup.
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 3:17pm
Decided to practice with my DSLR again today, as I haven't used it on my tank for over a year. It is such a challenge shooting a reef tank, but I got a few I liked. Enjoy!

Edited by shaggydoo - February 29 2020 at 3:18pm
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2022 at 11:23am
It has been a couple years since my last post. Luckily, my tank is still kicking despite BJD taking out about 90% of my LPS 1.5 years ago. Things have stabilized and the survivors are growing better than ever. 

Here are some tank shots today, as I still want to document my tank despite the losses. This hobby really can try a person's patience. 

60g LPS Cube
Gundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2022 at 7:34pm
This hobby isn’t for those who lack patience and lots of ups and downs for most people. Tank is looking great. 
John Gunderson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic