Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New frag, came early

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 8:03pm
Sorry its been sooooo long.

It's been 110 days and he is still in the NICU. Probably will be for 1 or 2 months more.

He had his takedown surgery and the surgery went well but coming off the ventilator was harder than expected. They tried once and he "code blued" in 30 min.

The doctors all say the lung issues will pass. But it's getting past that point that may take awhile

He is having a hard time eating on his own, bottle or breast. They are barley starting to try both since his oxygen needs are getting better.

He has bad acid reflux, and they say a "g tube" for feeding will be necessary. We are trying to fight them on it.(when I have reflux I don't want to eat either).

We found out today that for the last 2 1/2 weeks ( same time as reflux issues started getting bad) that the milk bank was putting the wrong fortifier in his milk and it's more harsh than the other one he should be getting. So this may be the issue why he can't eat by mouth yet and why the reflux is sooo bad.

Anyways, it's a waiting game and we sit there while other people come and go. Itso a hard waiting time and to think it may be 30-60+ more is even harder
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 8:19pm
Oh man I can't imagine going through this.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 9:03pm
Tough times, my prayers are with you.
rastareefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastareefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 10:51pm
Best of wishes to ya stay strong!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2016 at 8:01am
Good luck to you all.   Hang in there.  
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2016 at 9:17pm
Update from yesterday:

After removing the wrong fortifier from the milk, today he ate from the bottle 36ml. So that's way more than ever before
rastareefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastareefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2016 at 10:47pm
good to hearThumbs Up
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2016 at 1:00pm
I cant imagine going through this. You are a stronger person than i could ever be. Your family is in mine's prayers. Your son sure is a fighter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic