Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRaffle Prizes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 8:08am
More news: 

Premium Aquatics has donated Goody Bags for all!

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 1:03pm
Another one for the day: 

Edited by Jeremyw - September 18 2014 at 1:03pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 9:46am
Also just got these donated: 

and 2

Edited by Jeremyw - September 23 2014 at 9:47am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2014 at 8:15am
Been a few days: 

How about

Elite Aquatics is going to donate an awesome sump! Thanks Tyler! 

Edited by Jeremyw - September 25 2014 at 8:16am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 11:40am
Another awesome donation! 

Thanks to 

Aquarium supplies for your aquarium fish, saltwater aquariums, freshwater aquariums and ponds.

They are donating $200 worth of Gift cards! 

THANKS MARINE DEPOT!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 1:23pm
The good Drs have donated a $25 gift certificate! 

Edited by Jeremyw - September 30 2014 at 12:33pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 12:31pm
Tampa Bay Aquaculture is donating 20lbs (roughly $100 worth) of live rock! (This includes shipping)

Edited by Jeremyw - September 30 2014 at 12:31pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 9:27am
Our good Friends at 
SALTWATER PARADISE 
Have donated 2 $50 gift certificates! 

THANKS !! 

Edited by Jeremyw - October 02 2014 at 9:27am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 9:16am
Hagan/Fluval has donated:
1 CP1  Circulation pump
1 CP3 Circulation Pump
1 CP4 Circulation Pump
Fluval Sea Magnesium
Fluval Sea 3-Ions
Fluval Sea Alkalinity/Calcium, 16 oz duo pack
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 2:45pm

Proaquatix is donating 2 pairs of mystery fish to the raffle!

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 11:27am

Drift Wood will donate an amazing stand, canopy and 90 gallon tank! 

Edited by Jeremyw - October 09 2014 at 11:28am
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 4:20pm
^^^^^^

I know where my raffle tickets are going.

Fat
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 2:14pm

Nualgi has donated 8 50ml bottles of there Nualgi Aquarium! This stuff is great for corals and fish!

Edited by Jeremyw - October 12 2014 at 2:15pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 2:16pm
I have had several PMs about the raffle. So here is a reminder about it: 

What Items Can I Win? 
There will be thousands of dollars worth of prizes again this year! Items listed here (and more) will be available to win at the Reef Fest. Check back often as I will be updating this thread as items are added! 

How Do I Get Tickets? 
Raffle tickets will be available for $1. each at the event. If you purchase a VIP Pass, 10 free raffle tickets are included and can be picked up at the registration desk. 

What Are My Odds of Winning? 
You decide. The more tickets you enter, the higher your chance of winning a prize. Two well known strategies are played at the Reef Fest. 
1) Far and Wide - spread your tickets amongst many prizes. Although this may decrease your odds of winning a specific prize, you get the pleasure of the suspense of many tickets draws. 
2) All In - (often called the Jake Pehrson method) load one or two specific items with a ton of tickets. This increases your odds of winning that item, but it can make for a long night of waiting for your item to come up for draw. 

Who Can Win? 
Anyone who buys a ticket can win. Tickets are transfer-able, gift-able, etc. etc. One stipulation - you must be present to win and claim your prize. If you don't claim your prize the day of the Fest, you are SOL. 

Thank Our Generous Sponsors 
Take a minute to thank the sponsors of the MWRF by visiting their websites, discussing their raffle items on the MB, shaking their hand at the Fest or by purchasing their products for your own reef! 
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 2:51pm
I shouldn't say it but I like to find the buckets that have the least amount of tickets and throw a few in there as well.  I have had success doing that.  I know Dion's tank and stands are hard to resist but I like to increase my odds. 

One other tip - sometimes you can get in the moment with raffle.  My tip is make sure you can use the item before putting a ticket in for it (I have seen previous raffles where people put in for fish they can't have right away (or other livestock) or tanks they can't get home or have no space for or MH bulbs when they don't own a MH fixture). 

As Jeremy said our sponsors are fantastic, really stepped it up.  Great vendors and great products, make sure you check them out. 
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 12:02pm
 Our friends at Algae Barn have generously donated 3 different raffle prizes for MWRF. You can win 1/2 Gallon of their Poseidon's Feast (live copepods), 1/2 Gallon of their Ocean Magik (live phyto) or you can win 16 oz of both the Poseidon's Feast and Ocean Magik.

unnamed
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 9:27am

Aqua

Aqua Ultraviolet donated a UV Sterilizer! Thanks Aqua Ultraviolet!

IMG-Advantage-8-Barb-x-Barb-V-1-08-08

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 9:20am

download

MarinePure has donated:

marinepure_spheres

aporter360 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 11:03am
Savin up them paychecks! This is gonna be incredible! Big thanks to ALL!
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2014 at 3:46pm

Our friends at Reef Gen have donated some amazing coral - $325 dollars worth of eye catching coral for our raffle. As they are a wholesaler they will not be selling coral directly - at the show to hobbyists, only retail but will have coral and cuttlefish available at the A Reef Oasis booth.

Check them out at https://reefgen.us/

A big thanks to Reef Gen for such an awesome raffle prize!

Green Titan Acro

Persied Cyphastrea

You Should See the Other Guy Zoas

Red Indo Blastomussa wellsi

Justin Credible Ventura Favia

Blue Snowflake Acan Echinata

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic