Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need glass cut for plumbing..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
herrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need glass cut for plumbing..
    Posted: March 23 2010 at 5:26pm
i found a tank to use as a sump for cheap, anyone know of a place that will cut in a hole for plumbing? will it be expensive?

i want an external pump as i've been told it's quieter.
125g Aggressive tank
SWC-Xtreme cone prtein skimmer
40g Sump
------------------------------
16g Innovative Marine Reef
AI led 75W
McSalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 6:25pm
Ewaldsreef is in West Valley, but he will travel. He did mine last year for 10 bucks a hole. I don't know if that has changed though.
140 Gallon reef
90G. Sump

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 11:01pm
Aquatic Dreams, Mountain Shadow and Marine Aquatics all do it. Call for priceing.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
OceanBlueSky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlueSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 11:19am
If you want it done in a timely manner, don't call Marine Aquatics.
Arthur
220 Reef, 90 Lightning & RBTA, 7 nano
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by OceanBlueSky OceanBlueSky wrote:

If you want it done in a timely manner, don't call Marine Aquatics.
lol ouch
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:08pm
OceanBlueSky, May i ask what happened? We pretty much drill all aquariums on the spot, So i am very interested to hear what happened?

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP - March 24 2010 at 12:15pm
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlueSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 1:06pm
Day 1.  I needed a 55 gallon sump and a hole drilled for the return pump.  Stopped by marine aquatics, no 55 gallon tanks, but ya, they could drill the tank.  Quick trip to Petco and then back.  Marine Aquatics had closed 45 minutes early, knowing I would be back with the tank.  Day 2. Back to Marine Aquatics to drop off tank.  Owner wasn't there but I could leave the tank and pick it up that night.  Returned to pick it up, not done, owner had been gone all day rotating van tires?  Day 3. Sunday closed. Day 4. Called, tank still not drilled. Day 5. Called again, still not drilled.  Day 6. Called again, still not drilled, employee was not sure why it had not been drilled yet.  Day 7. Drove to the store, tank not drilled, told to come back in an hour.  Hour later, drill bit missing, would I like a different size?  Sure, drill it smaller, even though the pump says not to restrict inlet flow.  I just don't care anymore at this point.  Day 8.  Pick up tank and never return to marine aquatics again, even with an empty 210 to fill.
Few months later I decided to add another tank to the system.  I ordered the drill bit off amazon for $25 with free 2nd day shipping.  Drilled my own tank on the third day for free in about 5 minutes.
Arthur
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 1:46pm
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, This is not the norm. We have drilled many Aquariums over the last 10 years with pretty much same day service . Not to make any excesses our service let you down, Again this is not normal i apologize.
I would like to offer you a FREE $40.00 frag of your choice for your bad experience and bringing this to my attention. In the future my personal  cell phone number 801.548.5201 is posted in the store section and feel free to call me with any concerns. I will be at the store tomorrow night if you would like to stop by for your Free Frag.

Thanks
Marine Aquatics Inc
Eric,

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP - March 24 2010 at 1:48pm
[email protected]

sanddune600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanddune600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by FIRE SHRIMP FIRE SHRIMP wrote:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, This is not the norm. We have drilled many Aquariums over the last 10 years with pretty much same day service . Not to make any excesses our service let you down, Again this is not normal i apologize.
I would like to offer you a FREE $40.00 frag of your choice for your bad experience and bringing this to my attention. In the future my personal  cell phone number 801.548.5201 is posted in the store section and feel free to call me with any concerns. I will be at the store tomorrow night if you would like to stop by for your Free Frag.

Thanks
Marine Aquatics Inc
Eric,

this is verrrryyyy niceClapClapClapClapClap
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlueSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 10:18am

No frag needed, an apology was enough.  At the time marine aquatics acted like it was completely normal to get this much run around for a hole to be drilled.  I didn't want a fellow reefer to have the same experience.  Hopefully things have changed and communication is better between you and your customers.

Edited by OceanBlueSky - March 25 2010 at 10:24am
Arthur
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 12:10pm
Again sorry about any bad experiences you have had With Marine Aquatics Inc, We strive to have some of the best customer service around
But sometimes things slip through the cracks. This is why i am one of the very few Owners who gives out his Direct Cell phone number. If you aren't getting the level of service at my store i would like to know about it.

Eric.

PS. FREE Frag offer still stands...

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP - March 25 2010 at 12:11pm
[email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic