Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skimmer Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Haley'sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haley'sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skimmer Help!
    Posted: August 27 2011 at 12:45am
I need to buy a new skimmer but I want to know what is a good one without spending an arm and a leg. I have a 90 gallon tank, but I need a really small footprint. 6.5" X 7.25" X 23". The only one that I have found so far that would fit that is the SKIMZ 121 Here

Does anyone have any advice here? Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by Haley'sfish - August 27 2011 at 12:45am
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 7:18am
Talk to Tcfab or check out his website @ elitequautics.net. really good skimmers! He has one for sale out of his frag tank for a killer deal

Edited by laynframe - August 27 2011 at 11:21am
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 2:12pm
Please feel free to post a pic of your tank. I can give you an idea of what and how much skimming will do for it.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 2:37pm
tcfab can also custom build what you need. I think that would be your best bang for your buck. With such a small footprint I think he would be able to build much better than what you could buy for that size. Just my 2 cents
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 4:53pm
Zach,

Here are som pictures of the skimmer I have for sale along with the sump. I will sell the skimmer and sump together for $300Smile

Also, I looked at the link you posted about the Skimz skimmer and I think their tank size ratings are a little on the high side to be honest. 

Edited by Elite-Aquatics - August 27 2011 at 4:56pm
Premium aquarium filtration!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic