Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will someone test my water for me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Riverton_Ten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will someone test my water for me?
    Posted: February 09 2011 at 11:33pm
I'm having adverse reactions in my tank to something (even kenya and xenia not opening fully, keeping really purple), and my test strips (which others said aren't worth much) ran out a few weeks ago, and I haven't purchased any other testing method.  i'm not even sure which one to buy.  I'm interested in learning from someone else how to do it, and learning correct parameters.  I should know this stuff already, but I just don't.  I guess I just "wing it" and not that well, apparently.

I drive to Ogden twice a week, so I'm back and forth between Riverton and Ogden, so if there's a kind soul somewhere near I-15 who can help me see where I'm at with my water chemistry, and show me the ropes with testing, I'd very much appreciate it.  I would bring a water bottle of as much as you think I'd need to test with.

-- Daniel

Edited by Riverton_Ten - February 09 2011 at 11:34pm
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 11:56pm
Any fish store will test the basics usually free.... but I live in murray and have tests for cal,mag,alk if that's what your interested in testing for
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 12:28am
I can do the Alk and Ca tests too. Also just picked up some N and pH tests thanks to Nick. (haven't tested N compounds or pH in years Wink as I became more proficient at the hobby). I'm not far off the I-15 5300 So Exit, work from home so almost always available. Just call the number below.

Please post a pic of the tank. This will help a lot. Even just a cell phone pic.

Please describe the recent things you have done with the tank.

Edited by Mark Peterson - February 15 2011 at 4:37pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 12:33am
Will do -- might be next Tuesday before I can get over, but thank you -- I will try to get a picture put on.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 10:23am
I'm right off the freeway in Centerville.  Late afternoon works great for me about any day.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 11:59am
Wow, what a great group of helpful and friendly people. Awesome No?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 2:36pm
Absolutely.  I can always count on folks here to help me out in a pinch. 

And for WMAS "knights", no less,  to reach down and dust off a mere "pawn" -- that's saying something. 

I'll be in touch!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 2:40pm
Oooh if the wmas is a chess board can I be the rook?  I love the rook.  And Jamison is most definitely the queen.  

No pawns around here.... just friends.

Adam
fish freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fish freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 2:56pm
Im leaving to go out to herriman right now if you are home I can stop by.. Ill test everything for you
120G reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 3:21pm
Missed your message, Fish Freak.  Always many people willing to lend a hand.

I have my water samples with me -- today after work around 6ish-- Mark or Adam, either of you have a few minutes?

- Daniel 801-808-1132
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 9:40pm
Just now got back on line.  If you want, just drop it off at my house whenever you drive by.

Adam
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 1:14am
Can i get a test done 2 please :)  i just order calcium. mag and alk  and just want to know where i am at.  thanks.  bring u a cookie
40 breeder, TEK T5 6x39 7 months

Quote by Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."

Salt lake city,Ut
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 10:00am
If we can meet up in town that is great.  I'm on campus at the U if that works out.  Or just drop off some water if you are ever heading past my place (Centerville).  

Adam
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 4:07pm
hey i live near downtown salt lake.   yeah you wanna meet up around downtown. or i can drop it by the campus?  thanks in advance.

Salt lake city,Ut
RandyVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 4:40pm
All else fails, I live by liberty park and am home most of the time. I can test your water for you.
Yep, that's my money pit......It keeps me broke and entertained.
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 10:09pm
hey adam i pick randy cause he sounds awesomer than you :)  sorry i know i am mean

Salt lake city,Ut
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 11:20pm
No worries lol
If it doesn't work out let me know and I'll swing by tomorrow afternoon.

Adsm
RandyVB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyVB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:29am
pm sent

Yep, that's my money pit......It keeps me broke and entertained.
freetibet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freetibet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:00am
Adam that's really nice of you. Your are a good person It just doesn't feel right you coming to pickup my water for my testing for free you know lol.   Anyways if it doesn't work out I will just come to your place. Brandy. I mean Randy I will text you brother. :)

Salt lake city,Ut
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic