Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bio-pellets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bio-pellets
    Posted: May 27 2011 at 7:04pm
     Using biopellets, They suggest placing the outlet of the reactor in front of the protein skimmer. This is to limit the amount of bacteria entering the system.

I made this and want to know if it's a good idea?

If this is a good idea and if anyone wants one, I can make one for you for a dollar. The cost of the pvc fittings. 

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 7:22pm
I think it's a great idea, good way to make sure the outlet from the reactor stays put. Which pellets are you using?
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 7:24pm
I using Vertex pro-bio pellets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 8:04pm
Im been using this for the last hour now and getting a lot more Bubbles. From what I can see this is working better.
ejcatmul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejcatmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 7:58am
I may be interested in the specs of the PVC you used. I just started running biopellets about a week ago. I Currently have it set up just as I did when I ran Carbon/GFO in the reactor. Pulling water from the skimmer section and the output is after the skimmer section. I may not completely understand the concept. The Biopellets support as a carbon source and bacteria populate the pellets and any sludge left on the Biopellet either get consumed by other bacteria or taken up by the skimmer. Where would a good place be to pull water into the reactor? I think I have it backwards.
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 3:07pm
The outlet from the biopellet reactor should be Placed near the skimmer
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic